• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

On board ATI gpu stopping pci Hd card?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Has no one got any help on this bios???? would really be regretful for some help!!!
I do believe this is beyond anyones understanding of basic bios settings :rolleyes:

Last edited:
It'd be easier if I was there I'm not sure what screens you are getting and what is able to be changed. Send it to me I'll see what I can do lol

I got the same problem...

SYSTEM : Conroe 2.4
MRS600M mobo
HD5450 HDMI.

My old psu works good and the card runs fine but thats a 250watt job.
With the 500watts i get nish out of the card and have to use the onboard gpu.

I am truely thinking this mobo is locked to the PSU it comes with.

I got the same problem...

SYSTEM : Conroe 2.4
MRS600M mobo
HD5450 HDMI.

My old psu works good and the card runs fine but thats a 250watt job.
With the 500watts i get nish out of the card and have to use the onboard gpu.

I am truely thinking this mobo is locked to the PSU it comes with.

Im not so sure as i can run a Asus EN7500LE on the mobo with no trouble at all(650w and the 250w psu),,Maybe it hates the HD radeons..have you had any luck with the bios settings?

asus1.jpg

This works,maybe any thing over 256mb wont work? i haven't got any other cards to try if this is the case tho :bang head

Ahhh thanks too msi I have been informed that the Mrs600m will not accept a 300 watt psu the bios can't handle the power management. Maybe this is the problem

Thought I'd join in this conversation as I have a system with hardware that is almost identical to that of OP's. I have a HP computer which uses the Asterope2 motherboard. The Asterope2 is based on an ATI chipset and incorporates the ATI Radeon Xpress 200 series onboard video. I also have a Sapphire HD4350 video card which I used on the HP for a while.

I didn't have any problem getting the HD4350 to work on the Asterope2. I just plugged it into the one and only PCI-E slot, went into BIOS and set "Primary Video Adapter" to PCI-E. It worked the first time. Then I updated the video driver to the latest Catalyst driver from AMD's website.

FWIW the HP also has 3GB of ram (only 2 slots) and an extremely cheap (I would have got my money's worth if it lasted just 6 months) 450W PSU. Thought the PSU would conk out after a few months. But surprise...it's still going strong after almost a year and the computer is on almost 24/7.

Ahhh thanks too msi I have been informed that the Mrs600m will not accept a 300 watt psu the bios can't handle the power management. Maybe this is the problem

Iv ran my board with the 650w psu and it works fine/just the HD card wont work..maybe updating the bios might solve this??

Thought I'd join in this conversation as I have a system with hardware that is almost identical to that of OP's. I have a HP computer which uses the Asterope2 motherboard. The Asterope2 is based on an ATI chipset and incorporates the ATI Radeon Xpress 200 series onboard video. I also have a Sapphire HD4350 video card which I used on the HP for a while.

I didn't have any problem getting the HD4350 to work on the Asterope2. I just plugged it into the one and only PCI-E slot, went into BIOS and set "Primary Video Adapter" to PCI-E. It worked the first time. Then I updated the video driver to the latest Catalyst driver from AMD's website.

FWIW the HP also has 3GB of ram (only 2 slots) and an extremely cheap (I would have got my money's worth if it lasted just 6 months) 450W PSU. Thought the PSU would conk out after a few months. But surprise...it's still going strong after almost a year and the computer is on almost 24/7.

Hi is it the same as the Mrs600m,Iv tryed diff ram ect 3gb 2gb 1gb pc2 6000 and pc2 5300 and 4300 with still no luck on the hd card running..

PCIEx set to display first,, then theres settings for south onchip PCI Device..

In the south chip settings is
ATI Azalia audio (AUTO)
ATI SATA Controller (Enabled)
SB600 Speard Specttrum (disabled)
PCI Strength (100%)

Hi is it the same as the Mrs600m . .

I can't seem to find any info on the MRS600M on the internet. But I'm sure the Asterope2 is just as old, if not older than the MRS600M. And both uses the ATI Radeon Xpress 200 Series onboard display. I would guess that the MRS also uses an ATI chipset like the Asterope2. So both should be about the same.

Back