• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

On board ATI gpu stopping pci Hd card?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I can't seem to find any info on the MRS600M on the internet. But I'm sure the Asterope2 is just as old, if not older than the MRS600M. And both uses the ATI Radeon Xpress 200 Series onboard display. I would guess that the MRS also uses an ATI chipset like the Asterope2. So both should be about the same.

Yea true,it is ATI chipset and its named as Acer on the board Aspire T671.

The BIOS of the Asterope2 is very simple with hardly any options. There are no such things as SATA Controller or PCI Strength options. I only had to change "Primary Video Adapter" to PCI-E and didn't touch anything else.

It seems to me that your PCI-E lane is not activated. Have you looked around the energy saving options in your BIOS like S1, S2, S3 . . . states and sleep states options, etc.?

Fortunately for me I don't have to mess with these options as the Asterope2 has almost NO options to tinker with.

Maybe you could set your BIOS to Optimal or Fail-Safe Default settings and only change the Video Adapter to PCI-E.

The BIOS of the Asterope2 is very simple with hardly any options. There are no such things as SATA Controller or PCI Strength options. I only had to change "Primary Video Adapter" to PCI-E and didn't touch anything else.

It seems to me that your PCI-E lane is not activated. Have you looked around the energy saving options in your BIOS like S1, S2, S3 . . . states and sleep states options, etc.?

Fortunately for me I don't have to mess with these options as the Asterope2 has almost NO options to tinker with.

Yea there are alot of options,like palate snoop ect, I just plug the Asus card in and it runs with the settings atm,,Iv tryed all the energy save settings,Wish it was simple settings like yours and my packard(that the card works and using now) because of so many settings for PCI its making it harder to understand,,The HD card is deffo not switching on for some unknown reason(there is on board hd audio settings to),perhaps this bios cant power it,but being 5/6 yrs old(hard drive was dated 2009,case hadnt been opened) and newer than the packard you'd think it could set a HD card up,most are set to Auto in bios,,maybe its beaten me!! or should i try changing the bios??

If that's the only thing you haven't tried then it's worth a shot. But I think if you had to change the BIOS you should try changing the one on the HD4350. Have a look at this.

http://www.techpowerup.com/vgabios/...ire&model=HD+4350&interface=PCI-E&memSize=512

Yea maybe,but dont want to kill the card,bit unsure about doing such as iv never done a bios update on anything lol.The funny thing is CPUID cant give details about the card just says a VGA card no date ,nm ect..any idea what can get this info? cheers

Use GPU-Z.

http://www.techpowerup.com/gpuz/

Don't think you'll kill the card if you use Sapphire BIOS. But you'll have to read up on TechPowerUp to see how this is done.

EDIT

This is my HD4350.

hd4350j.jpg

See if your BIOS Version is the same as mine.

Last edited:
It appears we have 2 slghtly different cards. In fact yours is newer, being released in 2009. Mine was released in 2008. And, actually, your BIOS is newer as well. My BIOS Version is 011.022.006..... Yours is 011.022.009...

It appears we have 2 slghtly different cards. In fact yours is newer, being released in 2009. Mine was released in 2008. And, actually, your BIOS is newer as well. My BIOS Version is 011.022.006..... Yours is 011.022.009...

So the bios on the card is ok? and crossfire cant be the prob as some said it might be as it says its disabled..any ideas? or am i chasing a mobo that ent guna run it? cheers again for your help.The card is good i like it,It plays the flims to my TV great and im happy with it,just wish it would work in this acer,as its got 4 ram slots and more satas than the packard im using now..

If my Asterope2 can run it your newer mobo definitely can. Your mobo has a PCI-E slot so the BIOS should be up to the task of running it. Acer is not a small computer brand.

Also note that a newer BIOS may not be better than an older BIOS. Sometimes you might have to use an older BIOS or driver to get something to work. This is especially true for motherboards. Try using another BIOS for your motherboard - up or down 1 version - and see how it goes.

If my Asterope2 can run it your newer mobo definitely can. Your mobo has a PCI-E slot so the BIOS should be up to the task of running it. Acer is not a small computer brand.

Also note that a newer BIOS may not be better than an older BIOS. Sometimes you might have to use an older BIOS or driver to get something to work. This is especially true for motherboards. Try using another BIOS for your motherboard - up or down 1 version - and see how it goes.

Cheers,If only i could find a manual for the bios that would help as im having to google every option one at a time,think an older one would be better iv seen others moan about the workstation bios but that was cus not enough options lol...il have to look into how bios changing is done.:confused:

Updating the motherboard BIOS is not difficult. For the HP it comes as an .exe file. All you had to do was double-click it. Check with the Acer Support website. It should give you detailed instructions on how to perform the task.

Anyway have fun. I'm going to bed. Let us know how you do. Will check back here tomorrow.

Updating the motherboard BIOS is not difficult. For the HP it comes as an .exe file. All you had to do was double-click it. Check with the Acer Support website. It should give you detailed instructions on how to perform the task.

Anyway have fun. I'm going to bed. Let us know how you do. Will check back here tomorrow.

Specs from Acer http://support.acer.com/acerpanam/desktop/0000/Acer/AspireT671/AspireT671sp2.shtml

note the ATI Radeon® Xpress 1250
and the Expansion Slots
1 PCI Express x16 slot
1 PCI Express x1 slot
2 PCI slots
Whats this mean==1 HDMI (if equipped with RS600L A13)

Last edited:
He's a good one for ya the bios update for the Mrs600m won't install it comes up that the current isn't a award bios and when you look at the bios that's on the mobs it's a phoenix one now that's strange and might exsplane why this is going wrong as the mobs has ms 7326 printed. On it but cpuid says it's a Mrs600m could be a mistake on msi part and the wrong bios has been installed on the wrong mobo in the wring machine. Check ya mobo and see what's printed on it . But the biggest mess up of all is msi don't recognise the ms7 mobo. Number. Lmao I think I might have to get a new mobo

He's a good one for ya the bios update for the Mrs600m won't install it comes up that the current isn't a award bios and when you look at the bios that's on the mobs it's a phoenix one now that's strange and might exsplane why this is going wrong as the mobs has ms 7326 printed. On it but cpuid says it's a Mrs600m could be a mistake on msi part and the wrong bios has been installed on the wrong mobo in the wring machine. Check ya mobo and see what's printed on it . But the biggest mess up of all is msi don't recognise the ms7 mobo. Number. Lmao I think I might have to get a new mobo

Yea spot on there,,cpuid says its the MRS600m,But the mobo has acer then a sticker 6C10746403..N19967 FC...yes the bios says Phoenix workstation..iv never come across such a mess of a mobo/bios combo..:shock: mine seams to be all dated to 2006..

Last edited:
Motherboard Properties
Motherboard ID 01/11/2007-RS600-SB600-6A667M49C-00
Motherboard Name Acer MRS600M

Front Side Bus Properties
Bus Type Intel GTL+
Bus Width 64-bit
Real Clock 200 MHz (QDR)
Effective Clock 800 MHz
Bandwidth 6400 MB/s

Memory Bus Properties
Bus Type Dual DDR2 SDRAM
Bus Width 128-bit
Real Clock 400 MHz (DDR)
Effective Clock 800 MHz
Bandwidth [ TRIAL VERSION ] MB/s

Motherboard Physical Info
CPU Sockets/Slots 1 LGA775
Expansion Slots [ TRIAL VERSION ]
RAM Slots 2 DDR2 DIMM
Integrated Devices Audio, Video, Gigabit LAN
Form Factor Proprietary
Motherboard Chipset RS600
Extra Features [ TRIAL VERSION ]

Motherboard Manufacturer
Company Name Acer Inc.

Always brings me back to this http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AMD_690_chipset_series
This bios is got to be the worst iv come across in over 15 yrs...can anyone claim to have worked/used/overclocked this bios??

Last edited:

cant find ms 7326 printed any where!

I do believe i found what the problem is with this set up....still need some help tho if anyone can,it seams locked in to this bios

Field Value
BIOS Properties
BIOS Type Award
BIOS Version This BIOS is exclusively for Acer only R01-A2
Award BIOS Type Phoenix - Award WorkstationBIOS v6.00PG
Award BIOS Message This BIOS is exclusively for Acer only R01-A2
System BIOS Date 01/11/07
Video BIOS Date 11/01/06

BIOS Manufacturer
Company Name Phoenix Technologies Ltd.
Product Information (TOOK OUT LINK)Sales
BIOS Upgrades (TOOK OUT LINK) STILL MORE SALES

Problems & Suggestions
Suggestion Are you looking for a BIOS Upgrade? Contact eSupport Today!

Back