• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

On board ATI gpu stopping pci Hd card?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Thank you for helping out Tang87,in my "Advanced Chipset is only conf for NB==MRC ver-5.0
UMA frame buffer size==XP mode recommended
NB Azalia device==disabled..

On the mother board next to the PCI slot is a 4 pin block with only 3 pins on,is this the OS switch?? also there is not crossfire in the bios settings..Still no joy getting the HD to run in the Acer!

Still cant get this mobo to work the HD4500 radeon ! anyone got any idea what could be stopping it? ::(:

Bios----Phoenix-Award WorkstationBios-v6.00PG

Last edited:
I'm stumped on this one. I don't see what would cause it. The PSU is updated to be able to work. The Videocard is a PCI X16 I'm assuming...put up pics of the video card? I don't know what is going on here sorry.

Ah there we have it. I was going to Sk if anything else was installed too. Awesome glad you got it working!

Update...heres whats going down now,,plug in a 250w psu the card runs plug in my 650w psu it wont run?? do i need to change ON CHIP PCI Strength from 100%?? anyone had this happen? after plugging in hard drive and cd rom the card turns off again on the 250w

update its not working off both psu's again..but it did run when just the main plugs to mobo was in on 250w,shut down and plugged in other hard ware now GPU not starting at all??

Last edited:
PN 299-1E172-B00SA IT IS THE SKU 11142-09-20R

Last edited:
Thats the one,,yea iv ran it for about a yr on just a 250w psu but i have a 650w now,(taken from my other tower running the card last 6 months with no probs) yes it will work in my other tower with both psu's,,so i thinking its something to do with the bios..im confused lol,cheers

Thats the one,,yea iv ran it for about a yr on just a 250w psu but i have a 650w now,(taken from my other tower running the card last 6 months with no probs) yes it will work in my other tower with both psu's,,so i thinking its something to do with the bios..im confused lol,cheers

Yeah you could clear the bios. It would be a jumper that would clear it or just pull the little button battery to clear the cmos (and unplug it too). This is a really weird issue. If it makes you feel better I had a computer working, swapped the PSU and now it doesn't work with either PSU lol...oh computers :bang head:

Yeah you could clear the bios. It would be a jumper that would clear it or just pull the little button battery to clear the cmos (and unplug it too). This is a really weird issue. If it makes you feel better I had a computer working, swapped the PSU and now it doesn't work with either PSU lol...oh computers :bang head:
lol luckily bothe my towers and psu's still work,cleared cmos/jump and batt...settings in this workstation is confusing me,,,i mean come on its a basic card how hard can a bios make it to run one,i think its cus of the onboard express 1200 ati? im :bang head here i think Tang87,,prob just stick to the packard :rofl: till i can find a better card :shrug: what eles to do..no bios help out there for this revision..

Back