• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Samsung PC2700 owners pls read!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Paul.K

Hi all,

I have one stick of 256mb PC 2700 Samsung original and at the moment it is running at 180Mhz with agressive settings. I've just finished the VDimm mod for my KX7 mobo and now have adjustable VDimm voltage from 2.55V- 3.2Volts. The problem is whenever I increase the VDimm to 3.1v + I get a lot of memory errors in WinXP eventhough my memory is running at stock speed. Lads I need some help, please tell me is there anyone using this memory at 3.1V+ and what memory bios setting and speed are you using yours at.

Thanks in advance,

Paul...

You need to break it in. You do not just pop it in and crank up the voltage. Heck even my xp would not do that. Use sandra at some 'normal' speed and loop the ram test. Gradually work it up over the next week or so. This should do the trick for you on both the max fsb and voltage applied.

SwedeDude said:
I run mine at 2.7v and at 231Mhz.

I havent used any burn in.

even though its just a bench link, no links or pics are allowed in sigs.

and i cant read the green text in your sig, u should try a diff color

Is the colour better now? Havent heard before that nobodt can see the sig.

A question. If links are'nt allowed, why do you have links? Or is it just bench links?

well, there are a few links we are allowed to have.
the folding and SETI team site links are allowed, the 3dmark team site is allowed, and senior members can have links to their web pages.

and heatware is allowed for us traders, it gives u a history of past dealings on the forums, and u get good or bad eval's like on Ebay

have u heard of Folding? you should try it:)

SwedeDude said:
Well then I'll take off the links.

Yes I have heard about Foliding but never understood what it is.

ahh, Folding is a distributed computing program ran by Stanford University.
basically Stanford sends our computers calculations that need to be done, which is simulating the folding of protiens. than our computers do all the calculations and send the completed work back to Stanford for the scientists there to analyze.
the folding project would take way too long to complete on any one computer, so we all lend our unused CPU cycles to them basically to help out humanity.

one day the information we gain from the folding project could lead to cures for genetic illnesses and defects, such as cancer and alzheimers, to name a few.

to get started you would go to the stanford site ( folding.stanford.edu ) and download the graphical client, i believe 3.0 is out now. run it and it will install the program onto your computer and download the work it needs to do from the stanford servers. u would enter your forums name in the name field and 32 for the team field.,

to make folding more interesting, we have a foldiong team at the forums, which competes with other teams to see how many work units we can do as a team.

we are 3rd place in the world, but we are going to get bumped to 4th by team Rage3d in a month or 2. the team is very active and friendly here, and we frequently have contests within the team to win new parts for more folding boxes.

stop by the folding forum in DC for more info, and get back to me if u have any questions.

I hope u join us, we'd love to have u on the team! show off that power box u got there;)

awesome, u should add something about folding in your sig..

do u know, it only runs in the background at the lowest priority, so it has no effect on anything your doing on the comp

Yes I thought about that too, but I can't see my folding "scores". Don't know why. Maybe it takes a little while to be on there pages?

Back