• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Can You Say Yellow?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Lunchbox! said:
OK, how do I put this lightly, there is not dual display on this board. It is two serial ports. Dual monitor support built into the motherboard, now that would be a nice trick.

Dude that is dual display. Notice how they are blue and not pink and that that the connector excepts pins and does not have the pins out. I looked for some pics that showed the ports but i couldnt find any that showed the ports really well on any nForce2 boards. But yes that really is dual display.

Yea, those are dual display. Its a sweet mobo, with dual display out of the box, they are going to sell alot of these Nforce2 mobo. People doesn't require high quality gaming card, but need the dual display(stock agent for example) would love this mobo, given that they can save some $$$ on a dual display card:D

Lunchbox! said:
Is that a AMR/CNR slot on the far left. If it is, I don't see why they would put that on there, with the market they are aiming for...

That is an expansion slot exclusively designed for nForce2. While other mobo's may have those slots, this one in particular is an expansion slot for the second ethernet card and additional sound/ serial port options which couldnt fit on the back panel.

I am guessing, two jacks for sound being (back left/right) and (Center/subwoofer).

One Ethernet Jack

Serial Port

DS-Master

Actually, I'm quite convinced it has four ide connectors and no floppy connector at all. I mean we have usb- floppys to boot from these days, so why use legacy floppy connectors?!??? They just put the ide connector where there was room. count the pins.

Y-EL-LOW...

I've seen all Purple connectors before. I think it was on a jetway(?)

My 2 1/2 year old Matrox G400MAX allows me to connect 2 monitors (if I had the desk space) and Matrox's Parhelia will allow 3 screens to be connected at once... Anyone say Surround Gaming?

BTW, if it's a legacy-free mobo, why has it got PS/2 ports?

Also why only 3 DDR slots? I thought that the Nforce 420 could do dual DDR. Now, Dual DDR400 would be something to sing & dance about :¬)}

Not sure about the placing of capacitor closest to the northbridge/CPU... Might stop us from putting a funky chunky heatsink on.

It can do dual DDR, but only on 2 channels. If you put an odd number of dimms in, it is unable to do it. I think soyo puts purple PCI slots on their mobo's. I just inherited an old cad card, with dual out. gonna see if I can run it in a PCI slot. Just to see what happens.

Lunchbox! said:
It can do dual DDR, but only on 2 channels. If you put an odd number of dimms in, it is unable to do it.

That's what I meant... I'm sure some newb'll max out the ramslots and wonder why their performance took a hit... It should have 4 slots on it, all capable of Dual DDR, IMO.

I think soyo puts purple PCI slots on their mobo's.

Yep, they do too, but my mate had a cr@ppy jetway with a SiS 810 chipset which had purple PCI, ISA and AGP slots. The Ram slots were the standard white colour....

I just inherited an old cad card, with dual out. gonna see if I can run it in a PCI slot. Just to see what happens.

Good luck! Unfortunately, once you've run with two screens for any length of time, you'll miss the extra Windows desktop space. If only I had enough desk real-estate to put my old 17" alongside my 19" :¬(}

Back