• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

does newest abit kt7-a bios support over 12 multis?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Lt. Max

cause my friend has a tbird 1.333 and he wants to oc, he has crap ram so he plans to oc via multiplier, it only goes up to 12 though on his bios version, do newer bios versions give more options? he also has option 12 and above, what does that do?

The highest you can go Via the software multiplier is the 12X Option.

T-birds cannot use higher multipliers than 12X unless your T-bird is a 1.30GHz or 1.40GHz (200Mhz FSB) where the 13X and 14X multipliers are locked.

12 X 133 is a very good overclock for a 1.33GHz T-bird. You'd be lucky to hit that I'd must say.

DS-Master

alright, well thats just 1600mhz, decent enuf , my friends comp posts at that speed but now we are puttin a pelt on so we will surely get it i think

200MHz overclock on a 1.4GHz Athlon thunderbird processor is impressive!

You wont be able to take that thing too much more without heavy cooling since the Athlon throws alot more heat than an XP processor.

If you check the CPU database, the average maximum overclock for an Athlon 1400 is 1.6GHz.

DS-Master

Back