• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Peltier Fan

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

psx2doctor

Registered
Is anyone using them and where is the cheapest place to buy one. What are the pro's and con's

I would like to overclock my 1GHZ TBird.

Thanks

TBirds give off a lot of heat and need a high watage pelt. The combined heat pelt+cpu is to much for air cooling, water is the way to go.

ken257 (May 03, 2001 02:45 a.m.):
TBirds give off a lot of heat and need a high watage pelt. The combined heat pelt+cpu is to much for air cooling, water is the way to go.

There's currently a bunch of 75w peltier's w/ heat sink and fan going on ebay for $15. I got two, and will use them to cool my water right before it enters the water block. Too risky for me to put under the waterblock. Plus a 1 gig needs like a 100w pelt anyway.

The one being sold can I use it directly on the CPU to overclock a 1GHZ TBird.

Thanks

psx2doctor (May 03, 2001 08:17 a.m.):
The one being sold can I use it directly on the CPU to overclock a 1GHZ TBird.

Thanks
No, 75 watts is just too small for a T-bird. You wont see very much difference in temps from your air cooled setup and you will be dumping a bunch of heat into your case from it. For a T-bird you need at least a 156 watt pelt to see any real drops in temps and a pelt that big will need to be water cooled. An air cooler just wont handle a large pelt.

Back