• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

LOL! What an effect!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

DanFraser

Heres my case...

caseblue1.JPG

See that fan at the front?? Thats the funny bit...

You can see my system below, and with some SLK800s being used, the temps are around 30c for both CPUs, and 24c for the case... Get this, I turn off that front fan, and the cpu temps go up to around 33c, but... The case temp goes up to around 37c!! LOL!

And it does seem those insanely low temps for the Xp2000s is correct, as I touch the heatsinks, and they are not warm!!

Those are most likely in socket thermosister cpu temps. Your on die (true) cpu temp is probably around 10c-15c higher.

Hmm, I'm running 2 MP2000's at stock speed, on an Asus A7M266-D and get 34 - 35C on my CPU's with watercooling, ambient of 21C. I'd say those temps are being read from an insocket thermistor as well. Great temps if they are from the on-die diode though :)

I wish my XP2000+ ran cool:rolleyes: . Currently I can't hold my fan for very long without it feeling like its burning me. I dont know my exact temp right now but I know its hot enough to need water cooling so thats what im doing right now.

BTW how much would it cost for Abit to fix a broken temp probe? or should I risk it and do it myself?

Don't know in socket too much. Some are 10-15C higher, some or within 3-4C. This computer's notoriously inaccurate Abit in socket was only 3C off. I think he's talking idle temps btw. If his heat sink isn't warm to the touch Then I'd believe there within say 5C of being right.

Congrats on a nice system! Question What motherboard did you use?

-Toysrme

Back