• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

You HAVE to see this!!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Ahh, its just a sprinkler in disguise

x_block_flow.jpg

Omega Destroyer said:
It looks nice, but it doesn't seem to have a lot of surface area.
I wonder how well it does.
Surface are in WB's means very little...

Wow.....

Now that is a connoisseur of the science/art of WC'ing. It would be interesting to see what kind of temps that thing can handle.

What's the size of the hose barb for the inlet?

great looking piece of work!
should perform really well imo,id buy one if they are sold.

that's certainly one of the prettiest blocks i've ever seen.......anyone seen anything nicer than that?

It does look very nice. Performance-wise I think it's best to look at Hoot's pin-fin block for a fair indication. It perhaps might even be a little worse than Hoot's as the water-velocity gets split 4-ways, but for the most part, the central inlet with pins over the CPU is identical to Hoot's, and that's where all the cooling is going to take place.

The top could be cast relaively easily if it were to be mass-made, while the base could be machined in an acceptable amount of time out of a solid chunk of copper and a 2mm mill bit.

Back