• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Watercooling a GeForce FX

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
THat is a wild design BladeRunner. I cant wait to see the finished product. You've got us all drooling in anticipation.

Bump!

How much?
greedy.gif

Well my GF4 cooling will be easily implemented when, those card finaly get available, too bad I'm not Bladerunner to get one.
Btw. Blade awesome job again, you did that hold down XF plate yourself, that must have been fun to work :)

Here my GF4 block

GF4%20new%2001.JPG

There's been a delay in getting the pics up, (beyond my control), anyway the "FX" retainer was a fairly complex milling opperation, the main difficulty was not making a mistake and milling too far or in the wrong place, the actual procedure itself was pretty simple.

fx_retainer6.jpg

Looks nice morphling1, but I'm not sure I could accurately mill the height difference between ram and GPU with my mill to go with the one block solution. This is mainly because I'm using a vice and I need to make an adjustable table to clamp the blocks to. Might give it a go for a Parhelia block I'm making for a friend however.

here's a pic of FX running with a hardware modem using PCI slot 1

fx014.jpg

Hey Blade, off topic, but great chance to get impresion from someone that actualy own this card.
What's your opinion on GFFX compared to R9700pro you had before (to others please keep potential flaming for yourself)
Did you already make any detailed comparison between the two of them.

on topic. that FX is just beautiful, and I can see how much precise movement of it must be involved. Which bit did you use for those tight angles, 2mm ?

Great job.

Wow, Blade, that is awesome! Really nice retainer.

If you licenced this to nVidia, big oolah could be had. :D

also, Morphling1, nice G4 block!

-cV

that is some sweet work there bladerunner, how far have you overclocked it? hows it do in 3dmark 2003? hehehe

black habit... his sig is ok, under 10 lines, but it is size 1 (not normal 1.5.)

Last edited:
Cheesy Peas said:
that is some sweet work there bladerunner, how far have you overclocked it? hows it do in 3dmark 2003? hehehe

black habit... his sig is ok, 10 lines, but it is size 1 (not normal 1.5.)

cV, just corrected his sig, before that it was short novell :D

The FX I have is for all intents dead, (although it does work). There are full details in the nvnews topic, you'd need to read through it all Here to understand why performance testing and Radeon 9700 comparisons are not really on.

To make the "FX" retainer I mainly used a 5mm and 8mm end mill for most of it and as you guessed a 2mm in the corners. This was made on a Sip 30 manual milling machine, a small review I included in the Radeon 9700 cooler build Here

ahh yes i reconise who you are now:)

thats very nice work for one of those mill/drill things. at first i thought you must have been using cnc to get something looking that good but you must just have alot more time and patiance than i have. i may take a leaf out of your book and do alot more work by hand insted of using my mill. it takes me sutch a long time to do anything.

oh and one more quesion Where do you get your copper stock from im haveing a real hard time finding a supplier in the uk.

thanx slater

Mention of the mill was to answer slater3333uk's earlier question morphling1.

As for the copper, I supply mine from http://www.smithsmetal.co.uk/ I wont pretend milling stuff like I do is a walk in the park because it's not,and it does take time and care, but I kind of find it relaxing strange as it may seem :p

Back