• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

GF4 Block, Swiftech MCW50 or Logiccoling.com's G4?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

nut581

Guys, what do you think?? I'm a little more leaned toward the logiccooling's since the swiftech's default inlet/outlet is 3/8" so in my 1/2" setup, it actually restricts waterflow .. but I need to know whether the logiccooling perform par or better than the swiftech (and does it have less restrictive flow than the swiftech??)

Any opinions r appreciated :D

nut581,

You're absolutely right about the Swiftech, don't get it as it will restrict your flow. Danger Den makes some 1/2" gpu wb's, but I wouldnt recommend those either as they're poly-topped. So I guess your only choice is neomoses' gf4 block or the dtek one (which hasn't been released yet).

Basically, I think that watercooling a gpu is 10x better than a fan, so you have nothing to lose. Any well-made copper block will do the job.

From what I've read, just to warn you, stay away from the clear-top wb's (unless you enjoy frying a GF4).

Just my $0.02.

my dangerden gf4 block works great but i hate mounting those 1lb hunks of copper onto my precious card, its gotta be too heavy to be supported properly

thx for the replies guys :) .. I decided to get me the logiccooling's GF4 WB since it's considerably lighter than the Swiftech, and uses 1/4NPT w/ 1/2" default fittings :) .. It won't restrict my waterflow as much as the Swiftech, and it doesn't cost an arm and leg :D ..

Good choice. And don't worry about water & GF4s...they're best friends. Mine's taken a bath so many times I've lost count. I had a bunch (LOTS) of water puddled on the top when I started it up a few times, and it got all the way to windows before it fuzzed out and the monitor turned off. I did that twice. And once I splached mucho water on after it'd been running for a while...the fuzzing out & turning off deal again. I think my last 2 hrs of UT2K3 are good enough to prove it still works pretty good :)

Axle said:
Good choice. And don't worry about water & GF4s...they're best friends. Mine's taken a bath so many times I've lost count. I had a bunch (LOTS) of water puddled on the top when I started it up a few times, and it got all the way to windows before it fuzzed out and the monitor turned off. I did that twice. And once I splached mucho water on after it'd been running for a while...the fuzzing out & turning off deal again. I think my last 2 hrs of UT2K3 are good enough to prove it still works pretty good :)

lol :) ... i truly second that .. my PNY Ti4600 soaked up wet just last week, but 3-4 hrs of direct fan blowing cool air revived the card back up and it had been running fine since then :) ...

I know people are getting a little carried away with the polytop thing and leaks however, I do agree with you. Having said that if the top leaked where is the water going? In my situation on the bottom of the case. I notice most Video cards are mounted in a tower case with the GPU on the bottom. Man I can't even see the Pretty Thermaltake fan on mine. I believe it should be the otherway around. Heat rises so if it was on the otherside it would get moved even if there were no air blowing in the case. JMHO and would look better to boot!

Realgun said:
I know people are getting a little carried away with the polytop thing and leaks however, I do agree with you. Having said that if the top leaked where is the water going? In my situation on the bottom of the case. I notice most Video cards are mounted in a tower case with the GPU on the bottom. Man I can't even see the Pretty Thermaltake fan on mine. I believe it should be the otherway around. Heat rises so if it was on the otherside it would get moved even if there were no air blowing in the case. JMHO and would look better to boot!

You made a very good point there .. in my system, the leak on GPU block would go to the soundcard and my ethernet card .. but in my next mobo (which has onboard lan and audio) it will go straight to the bottom of the case :) .. no bigge :D ..

i hope both nvidia and ATI could come up w/ upside down cards in the future .. what's the point on having cool HSF/GPU block when u can't see it :D ..

Back