• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

First Water Loop

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
@ Conumdrum - The QDC's are: 13mm (1/2") ID, 19mm (3/4") OD. I'm planning on using them strictly for the purposes of a drain with one set going inline coming off the "outlet" of my pump between the pump and the rad. The other set will be a spare that I use on spare tubing for draining.

@ Ajay57 - Can you help me out with the difference between the Koolance QDC you linked - VL4N-M13-19S and the one I'm looking at - QD4-M13X19-BK. Is it strictly aesthetics and price? Flow performance difference?

Last edited:
If you are planning a drain system then QDC's are a expensive way to do this, but that is up to you!! As for the difference right now i say the flow rate, but as i just pointed out there is a easier and cheaper way to do this.

1, http://www.specialtech.co.uk/spshop/customer/PrimoChill-12-ID-13mm--T-Piece-pid-12667.html

You can buy one of these for a small amount of money and the add a stopper on the end as i did. You can place this anywhere in between your parts in your lines.

2, http://www.specialtech.co.uk/spshop...Tubing-Matt-Black--BP-MBWP-C31-pid-13070.html

This is the stopper i am talking about and you can have different colours to match you system.

AJ.

Last edited:
bump: All you need to do is cut the pipe half way between the components and then rejoin the 2 ends with the straight piece of the T, and then the T side you add a length of pipe with the stopper in the end. Job done for a few Dollars!! GL.

AJ's Phase 2 no8.jpg

AJ's Phase 2 no9.jpg

AJ.

Last edited:
Well, today is the day! I'm going to pull the trigger and order the parts. I anticipate my build will begin by the end of next week. Thanks everyone for the pointers!

Well, today is the day! I'm going to pull the trigger and order the parts. I anticipate my build will begin by the end of next week. Thanks everyone for the pointers!

Good luck on your adventure and hope you take some pics for us. :salute:

Back