• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Best block?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

WA2

Swiftech MCW5000-A
Poly Topped Copper Spir@l Waterblock
MAZE3

these are the top 3, correct? is there any type of performance comparison on them?

On the overclockers.com homepage, click "water cooling" on the left side and you'll find articles done by BillA testing different blocks. The current best performing block is the White Water.

The best block is the White Water. PM Cathar if interested. Next in line would probably be the TC-4. Maze 3, Swiftech, et al, pretty much perform the same, 1C diff maybe. The White Water will outperform all these blocks by about 5C or so. White Water testing: http://overclockers.com/articles692/

WA2 said:
TC-4 is better then the Spir@l??

Look at the rankings... those are the ONLY TRULY reliable waterblock rankings available. If they aren't listed then know that any answers you get are mostly opinion or taken from some test that may not have been trustworthy. :)

This topic has been through the ringer. Try using the search feature and look up old/new topics. Never fails someone wants answers but does not want to do some searching.

life is such a *****, isnt it?

any way....i ordered the TC-4 will let you guys know on friday if it matters in my system :)

thanks for the input guys, well the positive input that is.. :)

if it has been talked about so much, why isnt ther a sticky on it? seems that would help out people like me (that are so unwilling to search) :D

serious, though...i see the gallery, but no results any where...

I don't know how you get a 5 deg. C difference between the whitewater and either Hoot or Owen's W/B. With a 100 watt load the difference will be 2 deg. C not 5. You can't compare Bill's results with Joe's done on the commercial blocks because they aren't tested the same way. Joe's results are for the entire system including the radiator, and Bill's are for the W/B alone. I believe the White Water is the only commercial block Bill has tested and published the results. You guys can correct me if I'm wrong.

Last edited:
Tector

another correction for you
Hoot's and Owen's wbs are not for sale, intent of the poster to purshase - no ?

be cool

WA2 said:
if it has been talked about so much, why isnt ther a sticky on it? seems that would help out people like me (that are so unwilling to search) :D

serious, though...i see the gallery, but no results any where...

Because we already have around 7 stickies on this forum that no one bothers to read, so where does that leave us? We've got the overclockers.com articles that are some of the best, we've got a forum search tool that is excellent at finding what you need, and we've got stickies packed with information... You can lead a horse to water but you can't make it drink.

Really though, I don't mind the easy questions all that much, A LOT of people do get tired though of seeing people asking for help but unwilling to help themselves. Personally, it gives me something to pass my time... but it would still be nice to see more deeper discussion and not the same old questions.

Only neither of your comments are corrections. Am I wrong in saying you can't compare the results from the commercial waterblocks with the DIY section because they use two different test methods? My other comment was that there weren't any other blocks tested and published that were commercial blocks. I should have clarified that by saying at least not in the O/C listing of rankings. I guess you could consider the Atlantis, but it's not really a contender.

Last edited:
I'm with IMOG on this whole issue. Look at the rankings and don't listen to the smoke and mirrors from "opinions".

Back