• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

9500np shows two display adapters in device manager

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

bigemike

I just got a refurb 9500np from new egg it is the red pcb with l shaped ram. I was hoping to overclock it, but right now if I go to run 3dmark it just freezes up and shuts down. I think someone might of tried to mess with the bios. Is there any way to set it back to stock.

when I go into control panel ot shows two adapters, and when I goto to run 3dmark it just hangs up. I can't understand this at all. If anyone has ever had this problem let me know.

I have this exact same problem. I was unable to find a solution. Mine was a new Sapphire 9500np from Allstarshop with the 9700 config. I also had the two adapters showing and could not run any 3d application,game or diagnostic. . I tried all different driver configs, updated bios, windows 98, 98se and XP Pro, even got a new power supply. I was trying to run it with an NF7-S rev2. Good luck and let me know if you find a solution. I am in the process of trying to RMA it.

check this in your BIOS:

Make sure the AGP aperture is set to 128Mb.
Mine was 64 by default and had the same hangs that you had.
dissappeared after that.

Hope it helps.

it is supposed to show two adaptors. thats how the cards work.

i ALSO had the exact same problem with my nf7-s. it turnd out to be my psu. remember the nf7's use the 12v rail for the cpu supply and most cheap psu's cant hack it. it took me 3 psu's to find that out.

Back