• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

EXPIRED EASYPCKITS Lapping Kits $4 -$13+ low shipping

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Silversinksam

Moderator/ Silver Paste Taster©
update.gif
New Special offer for OCForum members
update.gif

After reading MR B's Article on the front page I said, Ok i'll bite and get one, well it's a nice kit and well worth the $10 (I bought the $6+$4shipping) I spent.

Lots of reviews praising this lapping kit and Dave Brown is a nice guy and he ships quick, and provides excellent communications and support.

http://easypckits.com/

$6 kit

glasskit.jpg

$13 super kit:

007.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Shocker said:
do you just paypal him first? or email him and wait for a reply, then paypal?

Either way, I just Paypal-ed him the money and wrote a quick note in the comments portion at Paypal. Recieved the kit 2 days later in excellent condition.

IMHO there is an option to get a 1/2 sheet of glass and I recommend you e-mail him and ask for that as a custom order. But even the quarter sheet is nice, just a half sheet is easier to lapp with.

I saw the article last week and purchased a kit from Dave also .
I opted for a custom size "DOUBLE STARDARD KIT" (double sized glass and paper) .
Everything was packaged great and shipped/arrived to me in only two days !
Super happy with the kit and the great service from Dave . :D :D :D

He/Dave also thru in some free cable ties as a thank you for being a customer (nice added touch) :cool:

I HIGHLY RECOMMEND ! ;)

Last edited:
stereo555 said:

He/Dave also thru in some free cable ties as a thank you for being a customer (nice added touch) :cool:

I HIGHLY RECOMMEND ! ;)

I got some as well, and was wondering how I was going to use them in the lapping process, then I read his note thanking me and that the ties were a bonus, heluva nice guy :)

Those double kits look like the ones that dtek uses :) I may have to get some...hmmm that new WB is going to need some lapping maybe :)

Thanks for the posting Sam :)

Fold and Frag on
Brian

Silversinksam said:
IMHO there is an option to get a 1/2 sheet of glass and I recommend you e-mail him and ask for that as a custom order. But even the quarter sheet is nice, just a half sheet is easier to lapp with.

isn't that the $13 super kit?

Shocker said:

isn't that the $13 super kit?

I believe you have to email and ask David to make a custom order for the double size. Its no issue for him and he is more than happy to accommodate any and all requests. But I could be wrong and the $13 may be the double size. You would have to ask, but if you do let us know :)

I tell ya....in the process of writing the article, I exchanged e-mails with Mr. Brown a few times. He originally sent the kit to Joe Citarella, who then sent it to me for review. This added a few days to the time it took to get it written up, and he inquired on the delay.

He was very understanding of the situation, and extremely courteous in replying. Quick, too, BTW... ;)

As a writer for the front page now, I can only hope that ALL of the people I come in contact with are of the same caliber as Mr. Brown. I've nothing but good words for the guy.

You'd be hard pressed to find sandpaper as fine as what's offered in the "Premium" kit, harder pressed to find a value as good as the kit itself is, and harder pressed still to find someone as good a person to deal with as Mr. Brown.

This makes it a "win-win-win" situation, that I heartily recommend. Two thumbs up here... :thup: :thup:

Brian

Aw, shucks, guys! :D <I swear that I did not pay anyone to write the comments above!>

One note... I am glad to make up 1/2 kits upon request. However, because of the way I purchase the premium paper, they only come in 1/4 sheets - so I can ONLY use standard paper on 1/2 sheet kits. Still gets the job done, though. If anyone has any questions about kits or even lapping in general, just drop me a line.

I am indeed honored by the praise listed in this thread. I had a bad experience buying online once, and I swore that I would never treat people that way. Simply put, I try to 1) offer a good product at a fair price, 2) do customer service better than anyone else, and 3) provide more value than people expect. The other thing that steams my shorts is the exhorbitant cost of so-called "shipping and handling" fees - so I charge my cost straight through for shipping. I don't use shipping as a profit center.

As consumers, we hear phrases like this a lot. Heck, my wife teaches university level marketing, so I REALLY do. But I believe that it's OK to make a buck and still have a great relationship with your customers. What's wrong with treating a customer with respect and a sense of urgency to earn their business?

Once again, guys (and gals) - I am grateful for this response and your business. I have built my business through word or mouth and positive reviews; I appreciate this kind of response more than you know.

Dave Brown
[email protected]

PS - I'm thinking of working up a Christmas/Holiday special where you pay for a kit and I ship it already wrapped as a gift to a recipient. How do you think that would go over? Somehow, I think this actually might be a nice inexpensive gift for a geek friend. Whaddaya think?

bubba gump said:
Those double kits look like the ones that dtek uses :)

I, uh, have it on pretty good authority that they have a company make these for them and just brand them with the D-Tek label. :D

By the way, D-Tek doesn't offer the premium kits, only the standard kits - the picture is wrong. I dropped them an email note to that effect but I think they still have a premium kit picture up.

Dave
[email protected]

Dave,

Thanks for stopping by we always like to see good honest folks offering good honest deals. So if we mention Overclockers.com do we get the same Terms as those hooligans at [H] :rolleyes: '' Heck I even bumped your thread over there as a measure of goodwill :p

Who love's ya, baby? I do!

badteeth.gif

Of COURSE you get the same deal! Has anyone here ordered a kit and NOT gotten a cable tie grab bag? Let me know if you didn't. Here's the story:

My wife and I have a couple of boys, ages 5 and 8. I get them to bag about 20-30 ties into a professional baggie, which I label with a little "Thank you..." label. I literally buy the ties several thousand at a time from an industrial distributor. I pay my boys a few cents per bag to make them up; this way, they can earn a little extra Hot Wheels money on top of their allowance. In a typical 30-45 minutes of packing, they can earn an extra buck or two each week - IF they pay attention and don't quibble.

The bottom line, I am trying to teach them to be willing to work. Additionally, out of their allowance and everything else they make, they are required to put some in three piggy banks - Spend, Save, and Give. I want them to be good stewards of what they get, but also to not be stingy or greedy.

Dave

Ordered my kit last night, cant wait to get it!

Premium non glass kit with AS5 w00t

Great prices and only a buck shipping! Can it get any better?

Looks pretty good. The only problem I have with it is the thin glass it comes with.

I noticed when I was lapping some blocks the glass bends in if the surface it is laying on is not prefectly flat itself. I was using some thin glass similar to this I picked up at lowes. I fixed this by going to a local glass shop and getting some 1/4" thick glass that works prefect. Just something to keep in mind.

Metallistar said:
Ordered my kit last night, cant wait to get it!

Premium non glass kit with AS5 w00t

Great prices and only a buck shipping! Can it get any better?
By the way, it's already in the mail - it went out this morning. The only reason shipping is $4 for glass kits is that the Post Office makes me use a box for those, so I just use their Priority MAil boxes. Either way, it's pretty much shipping at my exact cost.

Dave
[email protected]

wannaoc said:
Looks pretty good. The only problem I have with it is the thin glass it comes with.

I noticed when I was lapping some blocks the glass bends in if the surface it is laying on is not prefectly flat itself. I was using some thin glass similar to this I picked up at lowes. I fixed this by going to a local glass shop and getting some 1/4" thick glass that works prefect. Just something to keep in mind.

Correct. The glass, is of course, intended to be used on top of another flat surface. In general though, the 1/8" glass is plenty stiff for most people - especially at the recommended pressure of holding the sink on the paper. Basically, the weight of the sink should do most of the work, and most hand pressure used for guiding only.

Finally, I would prefer to include 1/4" thick glass but the shipping is simply prohibitive over the long run. The 1/8" is a good compromise of overall cost, quality, and performance.

Dave
[email protected]

Back