• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

EXPIRED EASYPCKITS Lapping Kits $4 -$13+ low shipping

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
insulglass said:
Who love's ya, baby? I do!

badteeth.gif

Of COURSE you get the same deal! Has anyone here ordered a kit and NOT gotten a cable tie grab bag? Let me know if you didn't. Here's the story:

My wife and I have a couple of boys, ages 5 and 8. I get them to bag about 20-30 ties into a professional baggie, which I label with a little "Thank you..." label. I literally buy the ties several thousand at a time from an industrial distributor. I pay my boys a few cents per bag to make them up; this way, they can earn a little extra Hot Wheels money on top of their allowance. In a typical 30-45 minutes of packing, they can earn an extra buck or two each week - IF they pay attention and don't quibble.

The bottom line, I am trying to teach them to be willing to work. Additionally, out of their allowance and everything else they make, they are required to put some in three piggy banks - Spend, Save, and Give. I want them to be good stewards of what they get, but also to not be stingy or greedy.

Dave

Thanks Dave!

Your dad is a good man, as is mine, as a child my dad did something similiar. He owned a business that generated a lot of change, he let me roll them with those old fashion Tube counters. My allowance was I could keep the pennies If the count was correct after the bank verified every roll was the correct count or weight. If I screwed up by even a penny, I had no allowance. But I rarely screwed up. Would have been better if the nickels were delegated to me, but when your 10 a mountain of pennies seemed like a fortune. :cool:

I have the same problem as 9mmCensor, Im the only one in my town/family that would appricate the value of such a kit. Altho i coulda had mine gift wrapped and gave my self a christmas present ^^

Jeez! What a bunch of geeks!

Perhaps if I rephrased the question... Is there anyone in your TRIBE that could use a kit? Maybe on your ICQ list? "Muffin", your fabulously good looking email pal from Eastern Europe?

:D

hey insulglass, did you know you can get free shipping supplies from the USPS here and here

it may not lower shipping costs a lot(if at all, but dont you have to pay for those boxes at the post office?) but it could help...also, they deliver them right to your door, you dont even have to pay shipping...on the shipping supplies:D

Twigs said:
hey insulglass, did you know you can get free shipping supplies from the USPS here and here

it may not lower shipping costs a lot(if at all, but dont you have to pay for those boxes at the post office?) but it could help...also, they deliver them right to your door, you dont even have to pay shipping...on the shipping supplies:D

Like my Pappy used to say.. "I didn't just fall off the turnip truck, you know." ;) I'm waaaaay ahead of you.

In fact, that's exactly why I can keep my shipping so low. They provide free boxes, and I use newspaper or recycled packing "peanuts". For kits with glass, the postage alone is $3.85, and for kits without glass it is$0.83 (but I have to buy the envelopes for these). I round up to $4 and $1 respectively just to make the math and ordering easy. Clearly, shipping nad handling is NOT a profit center for me.

There's a simple reason I keep my shipping at actual cost - I am a consumer just like you guys. It steams my shorts to get charged rediculous shipping and handling! I ordered a "thumb drive" the other day and got a great deal on it - but the S&H came to $10! And this is for a small unit that weighs less than an ounce that they advertise as shock resistant. :mad:

I am committed to provide a good product at a fair price, and I'll treat my customers the way I'd like to be treated. Period.

Dave
[email protected]

I just ordered one of these.

I can't wait to start the lapping process.

So far the customer service has been great.

Just ordered premium kit and artic alumina adhesive, thanks. My temps right now are over 50 with aftermarket hsf, its really rough.

I bought a premium kit (and some AS adhesive) a couple weeks ago and it's great. Here's a pic but my camera sucks so bad it doesnt do it justice.

lap.jpg

I have lapped an mcw5000a, mcw50 and a Volcano7 to perfection. The volcano 7 had the biggest improvement. It's base was extremely concave/convex (took an hour to get the middle flat).

I use the volcano7 (modified w 80mm fan) on a xp1800@1650mhz SETI cruncher. Temps before lapping were 52-53°. After lapping it only hits 48!

I have also lapped 2 sets of microcool chipsinks for use on mosfets and vga ram, only to 1000 grit though.

The sheets of paper are still in excellent condition and could lap many more heatsinks no prob. I do my lapping next to a running sink and rinse the paper off every couple minutes.

Dave is one of the best merchants I've had the pleasure of dealing with. He answered my pre-sales questions quickly and thoroughly, and sent my kit out the same day I ordered.

Personal note: I've reached the point in online buying where I'd rather pay a lil more for great service instead of always finding the best prices and Dave is on my A list along with Gary from Sidewinder. Whenever possible, I will order from them :)

Heavy

Back