• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

EASYPCKITS Lapping Kits DEAL EXPIRES SUNDAY

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Silversinksam

Moderator/ Silver Paste Taster©
Note by SSS, I slashed through the other offer which is still valid, but posted the new deal expiring Sunday

I normally offer an ArctiClean bundle for $21 plus $4 shipping = $25. This bundle includes glass, premium paper, coarse kit, AS5, and a two-part ArctiClean kit. This weekend, for anyone who buys this bundle and let's me know they are from OC Forum (or Hard OCP if you guys have friends over there), I will throw in the extra sandpaper deal PLUS a complete refill kit of premium paper. This represents about an extra $10 worth of paper, and I have never offered a bundle deal this good. When you go through my site checkout, just remind me which forum you saw this on in the notes field and ask for the extra paper.

Edit: The link to add the ArcticClean bundle is on this page, lower left: http://www.easypckits.com/products/ac/

More details in post #36

I got this message from Dave at EASYPCKITS

http://easypckits.com/

Hi, guys - I have some surplus sanding sheets. While supplies last, with every order of $5 or more - I will be including a free pack of 5 sheet of sandpaper. This will be random grits but each pack will have at least five different sheets.

All I ask is that you mention OC Forums by name as a reminder for me to include the free pack of paper. Please pass the word alone if you know of anyone thinking about buying a lapping kit - now is the time. :)

David
[email protected]

http://easypckits.com/

large.jpg
large.jpg

title.gif

Last edited:
Ive never actually lapped my CPU or HS before, but these kits seem decent enough. I think Ill give it a try :)

WaTTz said:
Ive never actually lapped my CPU or HS before, but these kits seem decent enough. I think Ill give it a try :)

And you will not be disppointed! Dave is a superb seller. I've used his kits before. A great value for money. Definitely worth the money! Those morons at the local hardware didn't even have half the grits I was looking at. Dave's kit will get you to a mirror finish if you know how to RTFM. :D :santa:

I've never lapped. Artic Silver 5 & a heatsink for me. Can someone summarize what it does and any advantages of it?

Lapping flattens a potentially concave base of your heatsink. The flatter the heatsink, the better the contact with the CPU IHS. Also, getting it to mirror-finish (while not compromising on flatness) would be the ideal way to proceed.

The kit comes with instructions. All you need is plenty of running water and patience. :)

Oxalic32 said:
I've never lapped. Artic Silver 5 & a heatsink for me. Can someone summarize what it does and any advantages of it?

The basic idea is that your heatsink's surface isn't truly flat, so there are "peaks and valleys" in it, and not every part of the CPU die (or heatspreader) is making contact with the heatsink. This is why we need thermal paste, like Arctic Silver. What lapping does is methodically flatten out, then polish, your heatsink so that there are fewer "peaks and valleys" and more direct CPU-to-heatsink contact, which disperses more heat than CPU-to-AS5-to-heatsink. So basically you will have better heat dissipation from the CPU to the heatsink, and you won't need to use nearly as much Arctic Silver. It sounds simple, but it actually might take a little practice before you can do it well.

I've got a kit that I've only used once, on an XP-90, so it's still got a round or three left in it. I can vouch that you can use these kits multiple times, provided that your heatsink surface is at least somewhat flat. I've polished two Thermalright SI-97's to a mirror shine with the Premium Kit, and if you're willing to settle for a quicker lapping job, you could probably squeeze a few more uses out of it. The size and surface of your heatsink, as well as your lapping method, would also be big factors in how long each kit would last. Obviously, nothing beats the shine you get the first time you use a new set of papers, though. The "premium" papers (the colored ones measured in microns) do make that much of a difference, in my humble opinion.

If you'd like, and with Dave's approval, I can send my kit out to you or someone else, so they can check it out and see exactly what it does, and how well it does it. I'm a repeat customer, and if someone had given me a kit to try out before I found out about Dave's kits, I would have been buying them that much sooner. He's one of the coolest, classiest online merchants I've ever dealt with, and he's never too busy to offer some assistance. He's got a great product at a great price, and plenty of us at OCForums (and elsewhere) can vouch for this. If anyone decides to order, mention that you're from OCForums, and occasionally you might be lucky enough to find a freebie of some kind thrown in with your lapping kit.

Anyways, another "thumbs up" for Dave's EasyPCKits.com Lapping Kits. I'm a repeat customer, and I can't argue with the results I get, the price, or the guy that's selling the kits. I've never heard anything but praises about EasyPCKits, and I definitely agree.

Well my lapping kit and polish just arrived(wow that was quick!) and I have to say I'm very impressed. Got all kinds of goodies too! I can't wait to try this out on my ultra 120 next time I bring my rig down.

I too can vouch for Dave's friendly service, quick shipping and great kits. I lapped the NB on my nf7-s and could not have done it nearly as well if it weren't for his kit.

OMG, I can't believe I've never lapped any of my heat sinks before. On my 930 @ 4.2ghz, my load temp just dropped from 46-47C to 39-40C! Haven't even broken the new application of as5 yet either.

ilikepie said:
Is there any chance that you accept money orders?

Hi, guys - thanks for all the kind words, it means a lot to me. I have said it before and I will repeat it again. When I got into selling these kits, I purposed that I would treat people the way I would want to be treated myself. I buy stuff online too, and occasionally experience a bit of frustration myself. So I will do my best. :)

Secondly, I would be glad to accept a money order or cash. I prefer Paypal because it simply saves me a trip to the bank, and oddly enough, I churn proceeds pretty quickly (I'm sure that doesn't happen to anyone else!) I'll work with you though, just drop me an email and let me know.

Thirdly, I do have a slight problem - I have had a tremendous run on kits over the weekend - and not necessarily just from OCForum folks. I'm not sure why, but if you gotta have a problem, too much business is the one to have. :) I had already ordered supplies last week as part of my normal restocking so I should have materials in early next week, and I should be able to ship kits by early or mid next week. This only affects premium papers and I have plenty of standard kits in stock and already built. As per my normal policy, any time I can't ship promptly, I will treat you with a little something extra.

I will of course, confirm shipments as soon as possible with followup emails when materials should arrive on Monday or Tuesday. Thanks again!

David Brown

[email protected]

Back