• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

EASYPCKITS Lapping Kits DEAL EXPIRES SUNDAY

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
sno.lcn said:
OMG, I can't believe I've never lapped any of my heat sinks before. On my 930 @ 4.2ghz, my load temp just dropped from 46-47C to 39-40C! Haven't even broken the new application of as5 yet either.

Seriously? I didn't know lapping helped THAT much. I've only done it once, and it didn't really help. I haven't tried it again just because it seems way to easy to apply too much pressure to one part of the heatsink, making it even less flat and parallel to the CPU than it was before :(.

That's why I got the kit with the glass, perfectly even (more or less) pressure all the way around. I never realized that my ultra-120 had a huge cave in the middle. I saw the copper all around the edges first and then it gradually moved towards the middle as I kept going( I should have taken pics) but after I finished it was perfectly flat. Then I gave it a good buffing with my dremel and the polishing compound I ordered with the kit, and the bottom of the hs is perfectly flawless and like a mirror.

Radical said:
Seriously? I didn't know lapping helped THAT much. I've only done it once, and it didn't really help. I haven't tried it again just because it seems way to easy to apply too much pressure to one part of the heatsink, making it even less flat and parallel to the CPU than it was before :(.

Radical, the way to combat that is to vary motion and direction while you lap. Some people like to use a circular motion; others (myself included) prefer a straight line reciprocal motion, turning the sink every 15-20 strokes.

This seems to work very well for me.

David

Still going strong on this deal - I have had a lot of business from you guys and appreciate it greatly. OCForums has been really good to me!

Does anyone know a moderator or folks over at HardOCP? I would be glad to include them along.

Thanks,

David
[email protected]

Hi, guys - once again, thanks for supporting me like you have. I can't say enough about OCForums and the nice guys on here. Oddly enough, I need to sell a few more bundles this weekend. Laugh, go ahead. I need the money. :)

A little bit of background for those who don't know. I am an engineer by trade, and work at a nuclear power plant for my "real job". My little internet side business here grew out of a need for some overclocking supplies myself and it blossomed from there. I have been totally self-funded and do not use any of my family funds to mix my money, buy supplies, etc. My profit is also very low because I hate cheats and cheapskates on the internet - I buy stuff online too. That's why my shipping is at cost, I don't play hidden games with my customers and try my best to give a fair price and fast service. I haven't raised customer prices in three years trying to hold the line. And you guys will never know how much your feedback means to me personally.

Having said that, I have a need coming up early next week for some extra cash - without trying to draw money from the family side of my finances. I am again going to sweeten the pot a bit - but this deal will only be good until midnight Sunday, CDT. So, if you want the lapping deal of a lifetime, it will be good for about a day and a half before prices and bundles drop back to normal. This will be the only post advertising this deal, so you guys need to spread the word and email any of your buddies if you think they might be interested.

I normally offer an ArctiClean bundle for $21 plus $4 shipping = $25. This bundle includes glass, premium paper, coarse kit, AS5, and a two-part ArctiClean kit. This weekend, for anyone who buys this bundle and let's me know they are from OC Forum (or Hard OCP if you guys have friends over there), I will throw in the extra sandpaper deal PLUS a complete refill kit of premium paper. This represents about an extra $10 worth of paper, and I have never offered a bundle deal this good. When you go through my site checkout, just remind me which forum you saw this on in the notes field and ask for the extra paper.

Edit: The link to add the ArcticClean bundle is on this page, lower left: http://www.easypckits.com/products/ac/

Thanks again everyone for your business and support!

David
[email protected]
www.easypckits.com

(PS - I do not have good contacts with Admins on the [H] forum, so if a couple of you guys could spread the word over there, I'd be grateful.)

Last edited:
Heh heh... somebody asked me why I need the money, I really don't mind.

I am also a very serious photographer and do some free lance work on the side. I have been offered an opportunity to go and photograph a charity golf tournament, the honorary supper the night before, and all the guests. As some of you may know, I am big-time into college football and am a graduate from the University of Alabama. I am fortunate enough to be able to attend several games each year. So, football runs deep in my blood. :)

The benefit golf tournament I will be attending will have about 40 former players and coaches from Alabama and Auburn universities in attendance; I may never get a chance to be around and interact with this many coaches and stars again, and it includes several former NFL stars. I will, however, have to pay for my own travel and lodging and hate to even bring it up to my wife since I self fund all my fun activities myself. So there you have it - a chance of a lifetime for me. :)

David
[email protected]

Back