• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Doom3 + 61.77 = Runs Like Crap

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Chemical_Steve

Registered
allright i made sure to compleatly remove the 56.72 drivers, installed the 61.77 and doom runs at about 5fps instead of 45fps

how did you remove the 5x.xx series drivers. I am running the same drivers and getting fine fps. Also what size psu. Bad gaming performance has been attributed to under powering a 6800 card

well i got pissed off and went out and bought a bfg 6800gtoc... doom still does it so its software or drivers or some ****... i dont know...

Chemical_Steve said:
well i got pissed off and went out and bought a bfg 6800gtoc... doom still does it so its software or drivers or some ****... i dont know...

you're using driver cleaner to get rid of the old drivers, right?

Yea the new drivers pull out all optimizations that are on the 5xxx series. I dont see any performance drop on my 6800, in fact its a hellova boost.

allright i ran the driver cleaner... i still have the problem

when looking into rooms my fps drops from 50+ to 4 or 5

Last edited:
Power supply... what kind of power supply do you have?

If it is generic, dump it. It won't work. I believe 6800 series need a name brand 400W PSU to work correctly.

its a 450 watt antec.... the 6800 requires 150watts

its not power....

i the problem goes away when i install the old drivers

Chemical_Steve said:

its not power....

It could be power..I have went through several Antec PSU's that just slowly died on me. Make sure the line to the Card has nothing else hooked to it. Also try some benches to see what is going on like AquaMark 3. If that still don't work try removing Doom 3 and do a fresh install of it. One other thing to try is make sure you up the AGP voltage in your BIOS to at least 1.5 or 1.6. You could also Flash your BIOS of your card to 1.4 volts. I heard that has helped a lot of people out with there GT's.

allright i turned off the dual monitors doom ran smooth at 1024x768x32 + Ultra Settings but locked out at 60fps

thats lame... dosnt have the performance issue with the 56 drivers

Chemical_Steve said:
allright i turned off the dual monitors doom ran smooth at 1024x768x32 + Ultra Settings but locked out at 60fps

thats lame... dosnt have the performance issue with the 56 drivers

you said you went out an bought a 6800gt? you should probabily should run your game at a higher res than that. I think that doom3 is limited to 60 fps... so start cranking up the res.

As far as the drivers go... dont know what to tell you.

Chemical_Steve said:
yeah i have dual monitors running

yeah i totally forgot to tell you about the dual monitor thing. :)

and yes, Doom 3 is capped at 60FPS in game.

Chemical_Steve said:

its not power....

the BFG 6800 GT OC requires 300 watts. look at the side of the box. :)

and definitely crank up the res to at least 1280x1024. it's fugly at anything less.

the card itself uses 150watts of power while playing, the box says it requires 300watt powersupply

if it required 300watts to run you would need a 600watt ps....

anyways with the drivers... the 56 drivers dont have that lame dual monitor problem

Back