• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FASTWRITES on a newer BIOS??

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

o770

i was disappointed when i first noticed my mobo hasnt the FASTWRITES option in its BIOS so im wondering about to get it in another newer version of the BIOS: is that possible? can a newer version of BIOS to have such an option like the FASTWRITES if older ones never had? can that be controlled only by the BIOS or my mobo probably cant handle FASTWRITES for the AGP?
thanks.

ASUS CUV4X-E

I forgot if fastwrite was that important you may check www.rojakpot.com and they will let you know how important it is to have it enabled. I think if a BIOS update addresses the issue it would say it next to the update before you even downloaded it as they usualy give you a brief explanation of what the update has to offer.

ive heard about WPCREDIT which seems to be an utility to work with motherboard features, enabling, disabling and tweaking. does anyone know if there is a way to enable fastwrites using it?
thanks.

Yes WPCredit can do this. You can view the .pcr file for your chipset to find the register location.

Back