• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Sapphire RADEON Pro 256mb - cooling

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Crana

Could anyone tell me what is the best way to cool a Sapphire RADEON 9800 pro?
also what is the best performace you can get off it as ive just ordered one, and what temp's could i expect of it? (and how do you find out the temp :confused: ) just wondering because im planning to overclock it :)

sh*t :( I just got an email saying its out of stock or maybe be discontinued :( Is it discontinued?? or could anyone recomend a good graphics card for around £200??
Any help with this will be very helpful to me

Thanks

I would get a 6600gt or 6800nu, but if I couldnt find one, a 9800pro 128mb. No point in paying extra for the ram unless you are going to run 1600x1200+ with anti-alaising.

6600 GT on the way! Should be getting it on moday!

the glaicialtech northpole 1000 is supposed to be better than the arctic silencer. and its like $35 canadian

crana c said:
Could anyone tell me what is the best way to cool a Sapphire RADEON 9800 pro?
also what is the best performace you can get off it as ive just ordered one, and what temp's could i expect of it? (and how do you find out the temp :confused: ) just wondering because im planning to overclock it :)

I used to use a VGA silencer for my old sapphire 9800pro 128mb but since i dont have that card any more im looking for a new cooler
too for my new sapphire 9800pro 256mb card, the one with 16 memory chips on it, will the new range of arctic cooling silencers fit ok?
i was a little unsure if it made much difference with it having 16 memory chips on the card?

Anyhow which one would you recomend me get as they all look nice, if im correct the version 1 is for 9800pro's?

yes i would also liek to know this question.

but i woudl liek first ahnd experiance with this. because as just found out, the ati silencer 3 wil NOT fit the sapphire p800pro 256mb with 16ram chips.

what will fit?

the one that i have has the r360 core and xt pcb but does not have the thermal monitering chips + it has 16 , 16mb ram chips

edit:
will an ati silancer 1 fit sence it doesn't have the ram cooler?

Last edited:
ok well i just returned my ati silencer 3 and just got an ATI silencer1. that fits fine i just dont have the ram stuff, meh i can always buy/make those later

Back