• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

65c load on 9800xt with ATI3 good?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
yeah that is pretty good. When I had a 9800xt with a silencer 3 I think I pulled off that at load with the stock clocks. Even my idle was in the high fifties as I remember. Those chips are big power hogs and dissapate a lot of heat. I'd say you did a good job :thup:

Yeah........They do run pretty hot. I'm sitting at about 53ºC on full load with a dtek chipset waterblock for cooling.

mysubaruimp said:
I would say it is acceptable.

I pull 50c load at stock clocks with the silencer3

You must have your PC in a very cold room.......

obsolete said:
Yeah........They do run pretty hot. I'm sitting at about 53ºC on full load with a dtek chipset waterblock for cooling.

You must have your PC in a very cold room.......

Roughly 70F :)

Those are fine considering I had a friend running nearly 85C under load at stock speed in his case. Some how it still worked, amazes me still today that theres no issues with it crashing.

threeme2189 said:
pffffffffff those 9.8K (9800) cards are hot!
my 9600XT runs at like 43 C or somthing with stock cooling...

Yeah cause they are stuck with .15 micron chips, we enjoy .13 micron..... :sn:

Dan

Well i just flipped around one of my side fans so it blows toward the card and went down 3celsius, and was able to raise my clock up higher. :attn:

Are you getting your heat temp report from ATI'S CC?? if you are it reports 20 deg over what the true temp is ...further proof of this can be found by Downloading such programs like rivaturner etc ..when i first got my 9800xt i freaked out when it reported temps of 64 deg brand new out of the box.after searching the web i was told to download a program (mentioned above) which i did and it reported that the GPU core temp was 44 deg i have since overclocked 9800xt which is running a core of 450 with no problems and a temp of 52-53 underload

As reported by ATI Tool, my 9800 Pro/XT at around 440/390 is about 60C full load. It has a CPU HSF on it.

I use to use RivaTuner, but recently switched to ATI tool.

I actually still use rivatuner to moniter temps, and use ATITool to overclock at the same time.

Idle 40c
Load - 50c

Rivatuner temps.

ATI Tool jumps around on temps for me. I cant get an accurate reading. I guess it to say somewhere around 60c.

YES!!!!! I got the temp thingy set up and im idleing at 37c, oh ya!!! So i guess i will oc with ati tool and check temps with riva tuner. But i wont have any corruptions or anything using both these at the same time will i?

I will check load temps in a minute.

Back