• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

CM Stacker or TT Armor

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Cm Stack or TT Armor

• Stacker

Votes: 49 57.0%
  • Armor

Votes: 21 24.4%
  • SpeeDj will ban me unless I pick a Lian Li case

Votes: 16 18.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
It's pointless polling something against a TT product as there's so much ill feeling towards TT. There's too many lemmings out there who'll shout down a product simply because it's TT.

Mind you, it really is fun paying out on them.... :p

i'll have my armor tomorrow and will let you know what I think. I agree, too many people slam TT just for kicks.

Use some WD40 on the front panel hinges. Apparently they sqeak, which would be quite annoying.

I just got my stacker yesterday, and I love it. It's so huge, so much bigger than I was expecting. All it needs is a side window, but that will be coming soon.

EvilAerosolCan said:
I just got my stacker yesterday, and I love it. It's so huge, so much bigger than I was expecting. All it needs is a side window, but that will be coming soon.

Make sure you got some UV lights, 'cos my the edge of the window glow under UV lighting a :drool: and it looks amazing! :santa:

And it could look like this ==>
Linky

Just got the armor and have done some initial assembly. I am very impressed. It is clean, versatile, and BIG.
I will probably wait until tomorrow to finish the job.

I have spent the past 6 hours putting everything together.
Here are a few of the tweaks I made.

1. removed the toolless pci slot contraption. Using screws for this; the toolless setup was too quirky and made it difficult to install my vid. card. good thing is that TT left screwholes for those of us who are old-fashioned.

2. removed the quick release bracket from the rear 120mm fan. The stock bracket made the fan stick out too far and made it impossible to remove the fan without first removiing the fan on my XP-120. TT left holes (albeit a tad too small) on the back that matched up perfectly with the holes on the fan.

3. Secured all drives with screws (in addition to the quick release contraptions). just wanted to make sure everything was snug.

yes, what do you mean by impractical? Are you refering only to its weight? The Armor aluminum version is certainly welcome because of being lightweight, but note that there's also a non-aluminum Tt Armor version which weights 15Kgs. In that case, one should look for the quality, looks, the whole features.

couple of questions about the cm stacker .. i currently have a pc75 lian li .. had it forever and looking for something new .. the stacker looks great .. tons of room ..
and space for 3x120s up front .. since i dont have many drives i could prolly use 2 ..
what is that cross ventilator thing cm makes for it .. where does it go and does it do a decent job ? what color are the leds for power ?? also that top panel .. anyway to just have the power and reset switch .. or do u have to keep that i/o panel in the top 5.25 bay ?

also regarding the weight .. how heavy is it .. im use to my lightweight lian li cases ??

thanks

it attaches on an open area on the left hadn side of the mobo and blows directly over the mobo - i have not used it, - i have heard it does work well, but when u got 2 120mm front intakes, i dont think it would matter too much, would do a good job keeping your ram cool thas for sure.

the LED's are all blue on mine and 2 120mm and 1 80mm that come with the case are black with no led's.

is the front completely flat .. or is there a curve to it ?? im having a hard time leaving lian li

hmm im gonna check one out tomorrow at compusa .. yuck lol .. but at least i can see one in person.

one thing i did notice is it is shorter and less deep then the lian li cases .. but just a tad wider ..

i like the fact that it has 3x120s up front .. even with 1 dvdrw and 3 hds in the adapter .. which is very nice ..

also gotta see if it can fit 850 watt pcp&c psu im planning on getting down the road for my new system .. i guess i could mount it on the bottom .. it seems to be the most versatile case ..

2 psu brackets .. 3x120s up front .. 1x120 in the rear .. a 120 up top would be nice instead of the 80mm fan .. but nothing a dremel couldnt solve .. the side panel looks like *** tho .. dont know what they were thinking .. so i guess its time for a windowed side panel.

which do you guys like better .. Black side panels .. or sliver ? i think the 2 tone looks great ..

The Stacker weights 17Kgs. So, as for me, this is not a good case if you often go to Lan parties.

it is not a "mobile" case but i got no issue wheeling it around on my carpet

The front is curved a little and instad of getting one 850w PSU - do what i did and get 2 PSU's since it supports it :D and it gives you the adapter to connect them both as well

i got for my system dual fortron 400w PSU's - one for the MOBO / vid card and the other ones powers everything else and my rails are all up there :D

http://www.ocforums.com/showthread.php?t=316909&page=1&pp=50

hmm how is it for watercooling .. i know u could fit like a black ice 2 up front ..

Back