• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

CM Stacker or TT Armor

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Cm Stack or TT Armor

• Stacker

Votes: 49 57.0%
  • Armor

Votes: 21 24.4%
  • SpeeDj will ban me unless I pick a Lian Li case

Votes: 16 18.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I need lots of drive slots, and plenty of room for ventelation...that's how I came to the devision of either...

Sounds like TT has looks, CM has the quality...

Guess the CM wins because function>form IMO

AFIsoldier said:
I need lots of drive slots, and plenty of room for ventelation...that's how I came to the devision of either...

Sounds like TT has looks, CM has the quality...

Guess the CM wins because function>form IMO

Although most people would consider TT to have a bad track record with material quality. I think it would be fair to wait until we get to see their cases in person before we determine CM Stacker to be better in the quality department (very likely btw since they have gone thru a few revisions already).

be4 i quote on any of the cases.. all cases are retarded when compared to the ALX alienware case.. ud give those F when compared to it in visual design.. (wish their pc's werent that costly.. :()

i see many are attacking TT cant see why really.. yeah they sometime overprice things.. but this case looks very good to me.. its obvious that 1 of the companies stole the design of the other.. who we dont know.. i see nearly no difference in cooling both got good cooling and ready for water cooling despite wot some of u saif that the armor isnt.. i vote for TT

err.. ur not talking about this case now ru??

http://www.thermaltake.com/xaserCase/kandalf/bws/va9000bws.htm

I voted Armor. Come end of April when I upgrade my system, I'll be getting this case. I have a Thermaltake Lanfire at the moment, and have never had a complaint or problem with its quality. I guess most people here are thinking in terms of the Stacker being less "flashy", but I guess I'm thinking in terms of the Armor being less "boring", and not really THAT flashy at all. Some TT cases are real flashy and incredibly gaudy, but they do have their share of cases that look really nice, the Armor being one of them in my opinion.

A lot of morons on this forum hate Thermaltake. If Thermaltake created the best case in the world, they'd still hate it. I bought a Thermaltake Shark. Quality is wonderful. The price was decent and I don't regret spending the money one bit. So I'd go with the armor. I think it looks cool, and its got some nice features. I think BTX sucks nuts, so I don't care if it can't convert. You can buy a conversion if you want BTX though

I picked the Stacker.
I feel it gives more leway for modding. No extra eye candy to cut off.

Stacker because of the dual power supply placement and it does not need an "optional" kit to covert to BTX.

Personally, I think the stacker is ugly as hell, unless you replace that side panel. The big grate thing just looks ugly.

I am actually a big fan of coolermaster cases, and I like the plain silver finishes.. However, this one just looks bad.

A lot of people rip on TT, and I can understand some of the bad sentiment. The old Xaser cases were kiddy cases. I bought a Tsunami because of the good airflow, and I liked how it looked.

Yes, they do sometimes rip off coolermaster.. Although not very respectable, it does work in our best interest.. Competition is good for the market.

Yes, Coolermaster cases are usually a bit heavier and stronger, but I feel this is a moot point. You really have to do something stupid to break a case. If you don't break it, it works fine.

As for the flashiness, I don't think all of them are quite as flashy as others. I think the look appeals to some, while not to others. Its a matter of personal taste

a vote for TT armor

the thing with CMT is you can't put a floppy unless you sacrifice a 120M fan in a 4 to 3 module with a 80M fan and you lose a drive space.
and you can't put a fan in the front unless you use a 4 to 3 module.. :confused: or you need to mod things a bit to do the above.

and with the armor you can put 3 fans in front and still put hard drives in their and in the back also. and put a floppy in the bottom.

in another words... the moment you put hard drive in the CMS you start to lose the front gradually this is not the case with TT armor.

my 0.02$$

CM stacker for sure - i bougth this baby like when it came out and love it!! TT is crap and unoriginal end of it.

i 2nd all the above praise everyone has given it.

I have two CM Stacker cases. If you put them on wheels it's easier to move around. By the same token, they are quieter when on the floor. I have a Cross Flow fan for the motherboard on one of them. As for looks, they look alright to me, and I can always put a window in instead.

I purchased the stacker as soon as it came out. I was miffed that it came with the silver polished look when all the pictures (including the box) was black. I have not gotten used to it yet. I probably wont as I want to paint the damn thing black like I wanted in the first place. If you pop out the (ugly round grating) you can mount a window in that hole. The floppy can be mounted using a 5 1/4" to 3 1/2" mounting brackets along with 1 dvd/cdrom drive leaving you with 9 empty spaces. With those 9 you will have the ability to use 3 4-in-3 drive modules for 12 hard drives. My server currently has 2x120gb for windows and 4x200gb (soon to be 6 as soon as I can find a good deal)

I love the look of the TT and might go with that one as a second case if any. I just hate that almost all of TT ideas are copies of someone else.

JT

I prefer the Armor over the Stacker mainly due to it's nice (relativly) plain design. I recently bought one and cannot complain about it's build quality or airflow. My only real gripe is with the front flaps which does make opening any form of optical drive a pain.

Last edited:
CM stacker all the way :cool:

I just got mine yesterday and i love it!! All the things that are bad about it can be easily changed (i.e. the ugly side) and mine came with a fdd adapter :cool: and the ThermalTake Amour is ugly as hell with that big circle thigy on the front!! Just think about all the huge vents you get on the stacker and the fact that its made for water cooling :attn:

I'm getting a stacker as soon as I have the cash :)

Is it just me or is the case the hardest part to pick for a new system? :|

no it isn't just you . . . it was for me because I was looking for features and price. its hard as hell to find something with all the features/build quality/price that you want. so a little sacrificing was in order, at least for me. i got all the features I wanted and at a decent price, tho I did sacrifice a bit with the build quality(case I chose is in sig).

Back