• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What would you do in this case?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Burning Phoenix

I have recently received 2 replacement boards (P3V4X) from ASUS. Now i've dealt with these boards for awhile now and never had a problem with them personally. One i sold to a friend and the other i put up for sale on EBAY. Well the person sent it back last week telling me it was no good. 1st everyting i RMAed back to ASUS always came to me well packaged and with a paper stating it was tested. Now i tested this board and posted here during the weekend about this error at post: ERROR can't write ESCD. I found out what that means and can't imagine ASUS sent me a defective board along with a paper stating it was tested OK.
So today i kept looking at this baord and it didn't seem right for some reason. It had digs on the back near the bios chip which might of cut 1 of the small circuits. Also the newer boards they replace with don't have the ICS clock generator chip which has more clockable options.This board had the ICS chip. I called ASUS and gave them the serial # and they told me it wasn't one the boards they sent for replacement to me. Now i'm thinking the guy that paid for it and returned it to me is scamming me. He might of sent his burned board to me instead for hopes of getting a new one. Do you think i should tell him and hope he doesn't give me negative feedback?

Mention it nicely and he shouldn't be mad. As for negative, that would suck, but you can respond to it. I myself don't care about feedback, and people that read the responding statement would understand. Hey you should tell him, don't let him dupe you.

Did you leave feedback for him?

I definitly feel for you my friend as that is one of the perils of using Ebay. Actually I sold a couple of CPU's recently to an Unknown person from Anandtech/ What I did was take a black light pen($5) and mark it, and then take a digital pic while using the black light.

If the person tries to scam me by returning a different product I will know immediatly.

Maybe this will help you next time.

Sam

Well i know how you feel, I got ripped $120 off ebay when I won a p3 auction. Still havent got money back or chip.

What would I do in this situation. I would send him an email telling him politely that he is in error. That you and your lawyer have contacted Asus and that they have verified that this is not the serial number of the board that they sent you and that you sent him. Tell him that if he feels that there are still discrepencies in this situation that he is more than welcome to continue this arguement in a court of law. Also remind him that the intent to fraud is against the law.

Back