• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Raidmax Scorpio 668 Help

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

sharkmont

Hello,

I was recently trying to fix my front power led on my raidmax scorpio 668 and I had the power cables switched so it was getting too much power and burned out. I was wondering if anyone knows how to get behind that front door so I could attempt and replace the front LED light.

Thanks a lot,
sharkmont

ha,ha, i burned out the red hd ones. i tried hooking em up to 12volt line. i opened up the front. u just use a flathead screwdriver to push in the clips to remove front part from the door. then remove four screw and u have access to leds. i was thinkin about putting in uv instead of the reds.

I've done this plenty of times...

disconnect the Power LED and the HDD LED leads, and then pull off the plastic bezel (not the door, the WHOLE bezel)... now, open the door and pull out the wires... push in the two red tabs to the FAR side of the door (say the door swings left, push out the left two tabs)... now, get a grip on the far side of the front panel, and remove the panel... the power LED wire won't fit through unless you open the plastic bezel (which is why I instruct to remove it)...

unscrew the back plate, and solder new LEDs...

I got some leds from greenman... If this is considered advertisement, then PM me/edit this post

Thank you both for the information. I was successful in opening it up, now just to figure out what kind of LEDs to replace it with. Does anyone know what type to replace it with? I am not an expert on LEDs.

greenman sells LEDs in the classifieds...

the red LEDs should be around 2.6v (like 3v will work, i wouldn't go lower than 2.4)...

and the blues should be the same, around 3v

O alright, I just found that post. Do you happen to know if its the 3mm or 5mm size, I know that most common is 3mm but I just want to be 100% sure.

Thanks a lot!
-sharkmont

So are the LEDs in the Raidmax Scorpio 668 3mm or 5mm? I do not know what this size is measuring also I do not have any metric rulers. So if anyone could tell me that would be great! Thanks a lot!

SolidxSnake said:
I've done this plenty of times...

disconnect the Power LED and the HDD LED leads, and then pull off the plastic bezel (not the door, the WHOLE bezel)... now, open the door and pull out the wires... push in the two red tabs to the FAR side of the door (say the door swings left, push out the left two tabs)... now, get a grip on the far side of the front panel, and remove the panel... the power LED wire won't fit through unless you open the plastic bezel (which is why I instruct to remove it)...

unscrew the back plate, and solder new LEDs...

I got some leds from greenman... If this is considered advertisement, then PM me/edit this post

Thanks for the tip!

I always wanted to change the Z to an N :D

Back