• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Case for $50....Is it worth it?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Linky to a review.

Pros:

PRICE: $68 is a great deal on this case for the budget conscious

Front panel temp monitor: Blue backlit LED readout

Included PSU

Two UV reactive fans

Two laser cut fan grills (Ea. sells at $6)

Inclusion of thumbscrews for windowed side panel

Improvement of USB connectors

Decent airflow

And again.....Price

Cons

PSU only has four Molex connectors

Front intake fans are still somewhat difficult to install

*EDITED* All of the above was copied and pasted, so the 68 bucks is wrong.

In the end, it is all in the eyes of the beholder. The PSU only haveing 4 Molex Connectors would worry me though. If you have a different PSU then no worries.

i dont have it, but i have seen this case at a friends house, it seems pretty decent but i dont know if i would trust the psu that comes with it. consider getting another one

I have the x-dreamer. Its an ok case. Not much room to stuff cables. Overall, its held up pretty well. The only problem I had with is my LCD temp probe quit working. I called aspire up, and they sent me a new one in no time:D Id go with it and buy it.

EDIT: I used the psu it came with for about 2 months, till I got a new one. And it held my 3.6 oc fine.

ShadowPho said:
Well, I really want to have a PSU for my old rig (second in my sig) and I wanted to have a temperature probe.

But do I need UV lamp?

There are many third party temperature probes available, many of which are integrated with fan buses. You'll only need a UV lamp (blacklight) if you wish to show off flourescent cabling/components.

In terms of strict functionality, you'd be better off with a separately purchased quality PSU such as an Antec, Fortron, or P&PCC along with a case which takes advantage of the superiority of 120mm fans and a clear in/out airflow, such as the economical and well-built formerly referred-to Antec SLK3000B.

I also have one, but mine only came with a 350 watt psu. It is a decent case. My main problem with it is that the backlight on the temperature display has never really worked on mine. The side panels also seem to bend fairly easily and the front scratches fairly easily, but neither of those are too bad. I used the psu it came with for a couple months and it worked fine. I also cut part of the front behind the bezel for more airflow, as well as the area behind where you can put a 120mm rear fan. Overall, it's a decent case.

Amazon is running a sale on the Antec SLK3000B for 43 dollars shipped. It doesn't have a PSU, but it is a steel case with 2 120mm fans. Not flashy, but should make a decent case...more than enough for a server (if you don't need a full tower).

Back