• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Looking for a new case.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

TickleMyElmo

I'm tired of looking at my 011Dynamic and looking for something different. What do you guys think about this case? Any other cases you guys like?

I've watched many videos on the Y40. It is a little too much like the O11 and I think you can only mount the GPU vertically. I like the case but I'm trying to find something smaller and just different. Thanks though!

Y60... it's also similar to the O11 (and not smaller), but more.......uhh...fish tank-looking, lol, than a regular chassis/Y40. You can mount the GPU either way in these chassis. To go smaller than mid-tower, you're likely looking at a mATX/ITX chassis, no?

I'd go fish-tankE as that's a different look than the outside of an O11... otherwise, the internals are either like that or like a normal chassis.

Ahh you're right ED. I was thinking of the Y60. The Y40 doesn't look too bad but I still like the Thermaltake better.

I think this would be perfect to look different and be smaller: http://www.yeston.net/product/details/272/290 :p

In terms of looks, this thing appears to belong in IKEA but I kind of like it https://www.fractal-design.com/products/cases/north/north/chalk-white/

This has a more modern feel https://www.fractal-design.com/products/cases/torrent/

I think both of these make airflow a priority but look unique. What's different yesterday is run of the mill today, what's new and unique today is on everyone's desk tomorrow. There's only so much you can do when your talking about a PC. Of course you could wall mount or do some other sort of open or custom design.

What's wrong with front mounting?

I really like the Ikea case, especially with mesh. If I ended up getting a GPU that wasn't worth water blocking I'd consider it for sure.

Something from less standard cases - https://www.jonsplus.com/products/i400-sg.html
But as I remember it was hard to get in the US.

I'm using i100 in my gaming PC. I was thinking about the i400, but it's simply too big for my needs. I still installed 2x 360 rad in the ITX version :)
The i400 has the option to install graphics cards vertically or horizontally.

I feel like Fractal is good only for air cooling builds. Most their cases look like standard towers. Only the North looks like something a bit more original and I was even thinking to get one but it was unavailable with first deliveries at the end of Feb (it was Dec when I was searching for something).

Last edited:
The i400 is not a bad looking case at all. But after spending so much cash on ARGB stuff I'd like to actually see them. It's more of a "Mature" case like the North, imo. I'm still a kid at heart, and probably will be till I'm an old man.

So, 11 posts in... what are your requirements for the case? It seems like any we put up here are being shot down by unmentioned needs/requirements/wants. :)
Something smaller than the O11 but still ATX. Being able to see the fans through the front and side. Very good airflow, not too dark tinted windows. Can choose between a horizontal and vertical GPU mount. Clean and well placed cutouts for cables. Either silver or white color. Big enough for long GPU's and a 360mm top or side mounted radiator. Big enough basement for long PSU's and cable management. At least two USB 3 ports and one USB type-c port. I don't know, just something different than this big ole' boxy case with mirrored windows (which I grew tired of quickly.) I think that's about it.

1. Not sure if my AIO tubes are long enough. 2. I'd rather use the rad. as an exhaust since my GPU is already getting warm enough in some games that it thermal throttles. I suppose if there is room for six 120 fans (pull/push) or it has room for either three 120 or two 140 fans on the bottom of the case for intake I would consider it.

Honestly, it almost sounds like you want this https://lian-li.com/product/o11-dynamic-mini/. There's only 25mm top clearance with an ATX board, but there might be room for some overlap with the top of your board.

Or if you don't like the mirrored look, you could probably pretty easily get regular glass panels to replace the mirrored ones.

How many watts is your CPU pulling when gaming?

That is too much of a copy of a regular O11. Again, too boxy. Only place I could find non mirrored not as tinted windows for my case was on Aliexpress and I don't trust them one bit. My CPU wattage is between 70w-165w and GPU wattage is between 190W-350W depending on the games I tested just now.

You won't really find anything much better. Most cases are just standard as most brands make copies of what sells the best. Some brands release more interesting products, but not all of them are designed for water cooling. In the last few years everything like the O11 is popular ... but it's large.

If you want something new with windows as an option and maybe a bit challenging but still "toyish" look (if you fill it with RGB) then check Ssupd Meshroom-S. There is ATX option for this case and 280mm AIO, or any mATX/ITX and up to 2 radiators. It also supports thick graphics cards. You can pick mesh or glass side panels. However, it won't support vertical gfx card mount and uses a riser.

I have a couple of these, but similar to the OP.

Back