• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Not good 3DMark05 scores

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

EvilAerosolCan

The other night I decided to overclock my videocard. I ran 3dMark05 and got a 4594. I used AtiTool to overclock to the settings in my sig, and then scored a 4611. My driver is v8.03 I just did a clean install on the drivers just to make sure, and then I ran 05 again, and got a 4664. All I've done is turned all the settings to high performance, and then upped the core and memory in Atitool. Are there any other settings that I should automatically turn on/off or adjust? This is really the first time I've ever tried overclocking my video card. What else could be lowering my score?

I had AA and AF turned all the way up one time when I benched and got a horrible score, Turned it back to application preference and got like huge increase. :shrug:

EvilAerosolCan said:
The other night I decided to overclock my videocard. I ran 3dMark05 and got a 4594. I used AtiTool to overclock to the settings in my sig, and then scored a 4611. My driver is v8.03 I just did a clean install on the drivers just to make sure, and then I ran 05 again, and got a 4664. All I've done is turned all the settings to high performance, and then upped the core and memory in Atitool. Are there any other settings that I should automatically turn on/off or adjust? This is really the first time I've ever tried overclocking my video card. What else could be lowering my score?

Make sure vsync is off for starters. And AA/AF should be off unless you specifically want to bench with these on.

I've turned all of that stuff off and my score hasn't improved any. Does anyone have any other ideas? If it helps anyone narrow down my problem the first movie averages about 20 fps, the second about 15 fps, the third about 20-25 fps, and the last two it pretty much stays at 1-2 fps.

I just ran 01 and 03. My scores were 30497 for 01 and 13905 for 03. From what I've seen those are pretty good scores. Why would those ones be good and my 05 scores suck?

Edit: In AtiTool, what kind of latencies do y'all run on your memory? I haven't played around with any of those yet.

Last edited:
If you score normal/average/correct points in 01 and 03, maybe its an issue with 05. Uninstall/Reinstall maybe?

Back