• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Looking for new case for a build... Help me out

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

yo4444

I'm looking for a new case for a build I'm doing. I want to make sure it is a quality case with very good cooling, and the guy wants lots of flash. He told me this:
"I want poeple like you that know computers well to look at it and tell me its friggin annoying..."
That kind of flash.

I am partial to the TT Tsunami's and Silverstones for good build quality and cooling properties while staying classy, but for him I'd flash it up with some lights and pehaps minor mods.

I was also looking at the stacker 830 and am wonderng when it'll be out.

Here are some of our options, but we are not at all limited to these. I need suggestions up the ying-yang.

Gigabyte Aurora
Stacker 830 if released soon
Silverstone TJ05
TT Tsunami
TT XASER Armor
TT Kandalf
Give me your thoughts....

jesus i hate those type of cases. if he believes that is a good thing, get him the Xaser and then put multi-colored fans everywhere and different lights everywhere and put every fan at high.

-1cem4n

Vento looks flimsy in the online ads. Is it actually a decent case?

I saw that Lian-li, I refuse to buy it for him!!!!Thats not flashy, it's HORRENDOUS!

very annoying indeed. now get mismatched thumscrews for everything and put all sorts of fan controllers and whatnot and connect multi-colored led fans and lights everywhere(remember to get the ones which suck) and then stop dissing lian-li. you have probably never seen one in person as they are the best case manufacturer in the entire world.

-1cem4n

yo4444 said:
Vento looks flimsy in the online ads. Is it actually a decent case?

There are lots of reviews out there, but yeah, it's a good case. Very heavy, though, so not good for lugging to lan parties to flash your bling bling.

yeah, we sold that asus case where i work to someone and it was friggin huge. It was pretty solid in terms of manufacturing, but it just took up way too much room for anything and i wasn't too fond of the looks.

That lime green case definately wins as the most atrocious color :cool:

1cem4n said:
very annoying indeed. now get mismatched thumscrews for everything and put all sorts of fan controllers and whatnot and connect multi-colored led fans and lights everywhere(remember to get the ones which suck) and then stop dissing lian-li. you have probably never seen one in person as they are the best case manufacturer in the entire world.

-1cem4n
Well, my comments were taken a little out of context there...
I have seen many in person and I know Lian Li's happen to be among, if not the best made and engineered cases around. That particular customization just happened to look like my a$$. Please don't take it personally.

As for annoying cases, I guess his comments about what kind of case he wanted were that he wanted flash, and I want good quality. I'll be sure to keep it as classy as possible while still trying to satisfy his craving for bad taste.

I've pretty much decided(with his input) to go with the TT Kandalf. It seems to have a nice setup, lots of room for the 2x 74G raptors and 2X 200 gig whatever else I decide on for his movie storage, and room to spare. I like the sideways PSU setup with the fan next to it, and It will allow for as many lights and doodads as he deems appropriate.

Once again, I am forever greatful to the users here at OC forums for their comments and invaluable help.

Is the super lanboy flashy enough for him, IE could you get away with giving him that so he at least still gets a decent case that wont make everyone around him vomit (the lian li case is probably an awesome case just that particutlar one isnt to my liking)

Yeah tell me about it, the guys sounds like he's writing about a 16th century painting instead of a computer case.

Mmmmm... refined and well rounded, with a hint of berry and buttery aftertaste....thats my Xaser

Back