• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ABS Pin-mod help please!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Ventis

Hello OCforums, i'm looking at geting either an ABS G4 or G4 revolution. I'm looking itno pn-moding it to run at 2.13GHZ but i need a diagram to do so. It would say a lot on money if i could do that.

Thanx

unless there is a better laptop out there that i don't know about, sager and ibuypower has been catching my eye also.

EDIT: should i go with a laptop that is 400fsb? just to do the pin-mod

Ventis said:
unless there is a better laptop out there that i don't know about, sager and ibuypower has been catching my eye also.

EDIT: should i go with a laptop that is 400fsb? just to do the pin-mod

it is not the laptop but the cpu that is 400fsb, and yes, after the pin mod the FSB will run @ 533, its a waste of money if the manufactur'r offers both. However since most don't; a lot of guys will just buy a 400mhz chip and then pin mod that and sell the 533 on ebay.

For pin mod to work you would need a laptop with 915 chipest and Pentium M processor with 400fsb

i'm looking at either an ABS G4 or G4 revolution, or a Dell 9300
unless there is a better choice?

EDIT: i was also looking at Ibuypower 's Battalion 101 ML-Turbo 2

Last edited:
Back