• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

need to upgrade

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Cabose

hey i sereously need a new graphics card but im not sure what to get im lookin for an ati between 0-200 $ (200 is really streaching it) if u guys could help that would be great thanx
cabose

AGP or PCI Express?

Probably an x800 pro refurb from ATI would be your best bet. go to shop.ati.com and look under the clearance section.

EDIT: forgot to say :welcome:

Last edited:
:welcome: to the forums

Yoy could get a x800gto(i think thats what its called someone will correct me if iam wrong so :p) i think they run in the 200 rang and they can be flashed to have 16 pipes.

or you can get a 6800 or 6800le and flash to 16 pipes

Turtle Shell said:
and what are the rest of your system specs??????
thanks guys and im not sure i will post my system specs they r realy crappy but ill tell u my grphics card since thats what we r talkin about NVIDIA GEForce FX 5200
also what do u mean by can be flashed to have 16 pipes

Guess you have AGP? GeForce 6600GT is like $150 or so. ATI X700Pro is its ATI counterpart but its a lil slower and a lil cheaper. Or you could get an ATI 9600Pro wich is like $80 but even that will be a huge improvement over your FX5200.

I agree with Tomatosaurus, the 6600GT is an excellent bang for the buck and would be right in your price range, plus it's a significant upgrade from your current vid card.

sry i jsut realized my error i went looking at these cards and couldn't figure out y they where so much more expensive then i realized you guys probly that i was talken american dollors so ill correct my self now between o-170 USD

Back