• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

no plug for my vga silencer? :-(

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

JaYbIrD

I received my vga silencer rev 3 today. I opened up the packaging and got ready to install it, when I noticed the fan connector is a small little 2 pin connector. I then grabbed the manual for my motherboard to check if my mobo has one of these connectors, and to my dismay it doesn't. :bang head I have an asus a7n8x-e deluxe mobo and I am really eager to get this cooler installed and oc my card. Can somebody please help me out? Thanks alot.

P.S- Can I use nail polish remover with acetone to clean off my core once I remove the stock hs?

Jay

nvm I found out the connector is on the actual graphics card, not on the mobo like the cpu fan connector :-/ Now I just need to know if I can use that nail polish remover to clean the core, then i'm off to OCing madness.

I use rubbing alcohol usually. If all you have is nail polish remover, then I suppose it would be fine.

If you have trouble getting the stock thermal pad off, a tiny amount of lighter fluid or goof-off on a q-tip should completly disolve it.

Back