• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Powerbook was just stolen

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

benbaked

Folding/SETI/Rosetta Team Member
Somebody stole an older Powerbook G4 out of our office today. I have the serial number, is there anyway that I can track the whereabouts of the laptop, provided the thief tries to use it instead of selling it? Thanks.

Thanks for the advice, I will try that.

It was an older 400 MHz Titanium, kind of beat up, but still I should've known better then to leave a thuggish-looking homedude unsupervised for even ten seconds. :mad:

he wanted an application... :mad: Damn thugs.

unless its being stolen for whats on it, the theif could "if they knew anything about computers", just format / install an os and it would be fresh right ? so technically its useless software ? or am i missing something.

unless its being stolen for whats on it, the theif could "if they knew anything about computers", just format / install an os and it would be fresh right ? so technically its useless software ? or am i missing something.

This is from the undercover FAQ

What if someone does a clean install of OS X on my machine?

You can prevent this by installing a firmware password. You can find the firmware password utility on your Mac OS X Tiger DVD (in /Applications/Utilities/ on the disc). Make sure to reboot your Mac after enabling the firmware password.

Back