• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

VREG temperature - What is it?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

luv2increase

Disabled
Out of all my temps, the VREG seems the highest except for when CPUs are in load. It can get as high as 62 degrees and sometimes higher. What is this temperature? Is this too high? How can I lower it?

It is probably a dumb question but oh well...

Thanks!

Out of all my temps, the VREG seems the highest except for when CPUs are in load. It can get as high as 62 degrees and sometimes higher. What is this temperature? Is this too high? How can I lower it?

It is probably a dumb question but oh well...

Thanks!

VREG temperatures are the temperature of the CPU voltage regulators. Basically it's the system of voltage regulators, the power suppply to the processor. 65C is not too high of a temperature. Most of the parts in the vregs are rated for 105C, for instance the caps. That does not mean that 105C is safe but, the system can handle that if needed. At temperatures above 80C it might start to impact the health and performance of your motherboard. Lower VREG temps usually lead to a more reliable and stable voltage supply to your CPU. Post a pic of the area around the CPU socket and we might be able to point out which parts would benefit from being heatsinked.

Back