• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FEATURED The Water-Cooled System picture thread v2.0

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
If I may give my 2 cents on this topic.
Hey there all. I'm Cory and like to post this link to my build
http://www.flickr.com/photos/79553991@N05/
the descriptions in each photo contains the links of the products used
I'm also creating a video log and will upload it to youtube when it's ready.

About this build
Case: Haf X
CPU: AMD 8150 Water block EK Full Copper
MB : ASUS Crosshair V Formula Water block EK Crosshair
GPU: 2X EVGA 480 Water block Danger Den
Ram: Gskill G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 8GB
Rad: Phobya G-Changer 360
SSD:G.SKILL Phoenix Pro Series FM-25S2S-240
HD : Seagate Barracuda ST1000DM003 1TB
PS : CORSAIR Professional Series Gold AX1200

This is my first water cooled build mod of ANY sort, I have planned this out and carefully selected every piece for the best results. it's taken a good 4 months for purchasing and 1 month for modding building.
I started with a Haf X PC case and had it striped and nickle plated.
The vid water blocks are from Danger den and the MB and CPU blocks are from EK bought through Dazmode here in Toronto.
The manifolds are build by me using a pex style manifold.
http://www.pexsupply.com/Sioux-Chief...lets-5435000-p
I went this route b/c I wanted each component to have cool water and not have it add heat every stage. The manifold is fed via 2 1/2" ins to equal pressure and flow concerns. They also have brass ball valves to help regulate flow if needed. Also and easy way to lock off part of the system IF components need to be replaced.

After a couple weeks of abuse I have yet to get the temps above 49C at full load * furmark and other benchmark tests. BF3 at ultra settings is perfect in every way :)

If you have any questions about this please ask
844157[/IMG]

Last edited:
Your links are broken. And just so you're aware, if you do want to post pics in this thread they need to be hosted on OCF or your post will be deleted.

If I may give my 2 cents on this topic.
Hey there all. I'm Cory and like to post this link to my build
http://www.flickr.com/photos/79553991@N05/
the descriptions in each photo contains the links of the products used
I'm also creating a video log and will upload it to youtube when it's ready.

About this build
Case: Haf X
CPU: AMD 8150 Water block EK Full Copper
MB : ASUS Crosshair V Formula Water block EK Crosshair
GPU: 2X EVGA 480 Water block Danger Den
Ram: Gskill G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 8GB
Rad: Phobya G-Changer 360
SSD:G.SKILL Phoenix Pro Series FM-25S2S-240
HD : Seagate Barracuda ST1000DM003 1TB
PS : CORSAIR Professional Series Gold AX1200

This is my first water cooled build mod of ANY sort, I have planned this out and carefully selected every piece for the best results. it's taken a good 4 months for purchasing and 1 month for modding building.
I started with a Haf X PC case and had it striped and nickle plated.
The vid water blocks are from Danger den and the MB and CPU blocks are from EK bought through Dazmode here in Toronto.
The manifolds are build by me using a pex style manifold.
http://www.pexsupply.com/Sioux-Chief...lets-5435000-p
I went this route b/c I wanted each component to have cool water and not have it add heat every stage. The manifold is fed via 2 1/2" ins to equal pressure and flow concerns. They also have brass ball valves to help regulate flow if needed. Also and easy way to lock off part of the system IF components need to be replaced.

After a couple weeks of abuse I have yet to get the temps above 49C at full load * furmark and other benchmark tests. BF3 at ultra settings is perfect in every way :)

If you have any questions about this please ask
photostream

photostream

photostream

set-72157629918844157

I like the industrial look!

That's a nice effect. Are the cathodes blue or UV? I read people were having trouble fitting the dual res in the case. The complaints were that the slots cut in the res didn't line up with the tray shelves in the bay. Did you have any issues with that?

YES on some of that.
the res is a 360 and it does fit with out question. the problem is that its held to the chassis via 4 screws.. not 6 or 8.. that means that two of the fans are 50% each affixed to the chassis and the rex, pinching if you may. the third fan is affixed to the rad it's self and needs a spacer to make it the same height as the other two. I have gotten in contact with coolermaster and that have taken into consideration my finding about this box. :)
IF you wanted to put in a 460 rad, you can BUT you'll need to cut/dremel the top out and make brackets. As it is your not putting any device in the top most bay if your putting a rad in this box.

hope this helps :)
i'm going to be working on my video of this build this weekend at the lake :)
CS

Looks like a keyboard to me :)

Ahh that makes sense.

So much wrong with that. Corsair makes vengeance ramn, that box is WAY too big for ram, and there's clearly a picture of a keyboard on there.

Yeah, I was looking at the photo on my phone, which made it harder to see the detail on the box, but i did think it was wayyy to big for a box of ram

lol. The big box was the keyboard.
haha, I had a wicked good 5 min laugh about that being the RAM box.

I WISH too! if RAM comes in such big boxes, I am COLLECTING THEM. :)

Back