• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need some help with a blue screen

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

bgtrance

Registered
I thought I had the problem fixed but it seems to have come back. Basically I went in the kitchen, came back, and there it was a bsod. Nothing was running in the background. I have my i5 750 chip OCed to 3.8ghz and I ran it for 12 hours in prime95 with full stability. I also have a GTX 460 EVGA 1gig that was OC'ed but was returned back to stock settings after my first BSOD.

I thought it was the gfx card that was causing it but I don't think so. I also have a old SoundBlaster SE sound card which is what I am thinking of next. Below is a screenshot of what the blue screen looked like. I also ran a memtest for 12 hours with 0 errors.

System is a
core i5 750 oc'ed at 3.8
EVGA GTX 460 1gig
2x2gig G.SKill 1600mhz
Noctua NHD-14 CPU cooler
Corsair HX 750W Modular
SoundBlaster LE

Also here is a CPU Valid

http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=1420750

Attachments

• 66586153440631301610205.jpg
    66586153440631301610205.jpg
    89.4 KB · Views: 111
Last edited:
That BSOD looks to be related to your nvidia drivers. Try full removing the old drivers and reinstalling current fresh ones.

BTW your on board sound is probably better than that sound blaster, I'd get rid of it.

I reintalled the nvidia drivers as well as removed the SoundBlaster and installed the onboard audio drivers. Will update if I blue screen again. Thanks

Its really important to go and physically delete the previous installation folder and extra files before doing your instal with the new drivers. I'm sure you can find some instructions on a google search.

You should run Prime95 64-bit and a 64-bit OS for at least 12 hours.

It's possible for 32-bit to pass and 64-bit to fail.

Back