• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

DVD Burning for Noobs?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ChanceCoats123

d20 in a jacket
I've got literally no experience in this subject. I've been trying to burn my home videos (.avi) onto dual layer (DVD+R DL) media using PowerProducer because I could've sworn it worked before and it was free with an optical drive I bought a while ago. Anyway, one of the discs played the video, but no audio, and another on wouldn't even play in the Dvd player (that I know reads both video and audio off of DL media).

Moral of the story is I need help. I would like a free software and possibly someone's help to get me going. After you teach me once, I'm pretty well off. It's just that first step is always a dosey. And with five DL discs already useless, I'd rather not waste anymore. Many, MANY thanks in advance.

-Chance Coats.

I'll be honest with you... most of that is going right over my head. I'm looking for something closer to "do-it-for-you" but I'm not that lazy or incapable, so something that requires a little babying is fine. I'm just confused as to why a program that has worked in the past for me, suddenly doesn't. :shrug:

Edit: PowerProducer is working again for some reason. I just need to slow down and work the steps out.

Last edited:
I'll be honest with you... most of that is going right over my head. I'm looking for something closer to "do-it-for-you" but I'm not that lazy or incapable, so something that requires a little babying is fine. I'm just confused as to why a program that has worked in the past for me, suddenly doesn't. :shrug:

Edit: PowerProducer is working again for some reason. I just need to slow down and work the steps out.

Taking your time usually gets the job done right ;) That is where more than a thousand of my mistakes come from.

I would maybe suggest, although you are looking to keep it freeware, to possibly invest into a program like nero. I have never had any problems burning anything from bluray, movies, home video, pictures, games etc.

Definitely. Now I'm just chugging away at these discs on PowerProducer. Don't know what was going on before, but they're working just fine now. :)

Thanks everyone.

Back