• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

3.27 V on the 12V

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Aristona

Hey all.
Its my first topic here, and my english aint my first language, but ill do my best.

About half a year ago I got myself a new PC.
Specs;

PhenomII X4 955e, 3.2Ghz
ASRock 880GMH/USB3
ATI Radeon HD 5770
Samsung 1TB HDD
Windows 7 ultimate x64.

Im using PC Wizard 2010 to check my specs.
And at the voltage tabs, it says:

Voltage CPU: 1.33V
+3.3V Voltage 3.31
+5V Voltage 5.11V
+12V Voltage 3.43V

So, the problem is the 12V part. Only getting 3.43 V. My friend, with the exact same system, except GPU and Ram, does get 12V.
I've read this means a dead PSU and this makes the fans not working. But, ive never had a single issue,

tempatures:
Processor = 37 C
MOBO = 51 C
PSU = 57 C (this one gets alot higher when busy)
Core 1-4 = 48.5 / 48.6 C
GPU = 35-38 idle, max 50 busy
HDD = 34 C

So not a single issue, but ive read a 3v on 12 V means a dead PSU. But its been like this for about half a year.

Who could tell me a little more?

Thanks!
Aristona

If your 12v was that low, you wouldn't be making this post right now and you would be sitting next to a very dead computer.

Use an actual multimeter if you are worried they are not within spec.

Thanks!
Thats a post that I find usefull ;p

P.S, does this mean that theres a little mistake in my computer that measures it wrong? because at my friend is does give the right power.

Correct, it completely depends on the hardware they use to measure the voltage. It could be a design issue, a faulty chip or a hundred other things. If you suspect a voltage may be wrong, use a device that is proven to be correct and is specific to that purpose. Generally, motherboard manufacturers are trying to pack as many features into a board while keeping the raw cost down. This leads to using faulty or low quality devices/chips and eventually to the issue that you see.

Is it a faulty board? It could be. Should you worry about it? No.

Correct, it completely depends on the hardware they use to measure the voltage. It could be a design issue, a faulty chip or a hundred other things. If you suspect a voltage may be wrong, use a device that is proven to be correct and is specific to that purpose. Generally, motherboard manufacturers are trying to pack as many features into a board while keeping the raw cost down. This leads to using faulty or low quality devices/chips and eventually to the issue that you see.

Is it a faulty board? It could be. Should you worry about it? No.
+1 :clap:

Well.. Getting a new board in a week or so anyway. So ill see after that.

Thanks a bunch Thideras!

Not a problem at all. If you have any questions on the build itself, feel free to create a thread here.

This is a great community to be a part of.

Well, theres one more problem ive found out yesterday.
The wellknown BSOD. Im gonna make a thread about it xd

Aristona

Without knowing what error it is, it may be power supply related. I'd get a DMM to check the voltages directly from the power supply itself. Failing that, try a MemTest bootable disk to see if it was memory related.

Ooh, Its my 2nd BSOD in half a year, I installed and started GTA iv and Boom. BSOD.
Now im scared to start GTA iv because BSOD's frighten me. ^^
If only i knew how to open dmp files and read them >.>

Aristona

You can check your event viewer in Windows to see what the error message was. You don't need the entire dump, just the reason for the crash.

The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x00000050 (0xfffffa820738d9d0, 0x0000000000000000, 0xfffff880043c862c, 0x0000000000000005). A dump was saved in: C:\Windows\MEMORY.DMP. Report Id: 032411-29702-01.

Could this one be it?, the critical at the same moment says an unexpected reboot.
So this shouldbe the BSOD.
Or isnt this what you looking for?

Aristona

That is a "Page fault in a non paged area" error. Information on their website here.

This is most likely related to memory or processor stability. If you are overclocked, drop it to stock to see if that fixes the issue. If not, get a bootable MemTest ISO, burn it to a disk and boot to it. If there is any red, that means instability.

Pretty sure that's what it is.
You may also look out for something in the EL that says "BlueScreen." Self explanatory what it is.

Back