• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Mass Effect 3

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Lord Vader

Installing Mass Effect 3 now on the 360. I got it yesterday. I love it when flea market vendors break street date. I'll gt to play it a little before everybody has it at midnight tonight, so post your experience here!

First thought: I HATE how long takes to install 360 and PS3 games. The 360 drive is just so freaking slow and it's 2 discs to boot. The PS3 has one disc of slow install time but the obligatory mega slow update that you have to go through the first time you play ANY game.

Last edited:
Did you get the $60 version or the $80 version? I'm going to wait for the $40-or-less version :p

Did you get the $60 version or the $80 version? I'm going to wait for the $40-or-less version :p

Got the $60 version, but guess what? IT DOESN'T WORK. Did some forum digging and I have to wait to get a download from XBL after midnight tonight before it will work. :facepalm: Now I have to wait until after work tomorrow to play. :facepalm::facepalm:

I've started playing it. I'm not far in as time is precious right now. The first part was pretty much story driven and like watching an animated movie. Just landed on Mars so I expect that this is where the action will begin.

Yup, after mars the game opens up.

So far for me, is more of the same from ME2, but with slightly better music. This means that I'm loving it.

Combat seems more difficult than ME2, the enemy flanks you this time around. Great improvement over just standing in front of my bullets.

I always miss my sniper rifle when I don't bring it, and never wind up using it when I do.

Yup, after mars the game opens up.

So far for me, is more of the same from ME2, but with slightly better music. This means that I'm loving it.

Combat seems more difficult than ME2, the enemy flanks you this time around. Great improvement over just standing in front of my bullets.

I always miss my sniper rifle when I don't bring it, and never wind up using it when I do.

Yes! I disagree with the other guys. I'm loving it. Those Cerberus guys with the shields are a real PITA.

For me this game is so much more about the story than it is just the gameplay. I'm serious in saying that whoever wrote the story for Mass Effect has far exceeded any Sci-Fi franchise including the vaunted and beloved Star Wars and Star Trek both of which I am major fans of.

I think it would be criminal if somebody doesn't do a live-action Mass Effect movie trilogy.

Downloaded the demo version really nice graphics & surround sound. Haven't gotten that far yet been busy with other things but figured I would try it to see what the hype was about. So far I like it.

Have you tried using throw on them yet? It opens up their defenses for a shot bit.

No, I was having fun beating the snot out of them with melee or using the shotgun to make them stagger and drop their shield

Hi everyone. Playing ME3 on PC.

With those Cerberus guys with shield I use sniper through the eye slit.

Or make them stumble with warp followed by a shotgun blast.

I'm understanding why people are disliking this game now. It seems a bit more action oriented than the other games which were more RPG. However, like I said before, I'm in it for the story so I'm loving it.

Best way, Overload + Singularity and just unload on them :) Have fun

IMO I like it just like the past ones. About 16-17 hours in on mine right now. Though I don't think I could play the first one again... ME2 at least I could play again I'd think but just with the changes to the game in the last 2 make it more playable IMO.

I picked it up on release day and I've been having a lot of fun with it. However, I really think Bioware has started going down the tube and I think EA is to blame.

I can deal with texture pop-in. I mean, I'm playing this on an Xbox 360 so I'm used to that, but I've run into spots where the character I'm supposed to be talking to in a cutscene pops in, or doesn't show up at all! The voice is there, but nothing but blank wall otherwise.

Also,
When you're in the Geth systems I ran into two bugs that wound up with me having to restart my console. At one point I fell off of the platform and didn't die. I just kept falling and falling for about 5 minutes until the console hard-locked and I had to reboot. The second time in the same place, I got wedged between a tile that was supposed to be sliding in and the tile that was already there, and I couldn't move, so I once again had to reset the game.

Also, what the HELL is up with the journal system?! Every bloody time I open the thing it starts me in the middle, and I have to scroll through all the missions I've already completed to get to the missions I have to do! I'm going to find the person who let that slip through QA and hurt them with sharp things. It's abysmal.

The combat system is OK, but it feels looser than it did in ME2. I like some of the changes they made to the cover system, like double tapping the A button to leap over a chest-high wall, but over all the cover system is still more broken than it was in ME2. At least in ME2 when I wanted to stick to a wall I could do so without sticking to the wrong one, therefore leaving me to take fire from a Geth Prime platform ...

I also think Bioware did themselves a disservice by including so many characters in ME2 that you could play with. I honestly think that they wound up painting themselves in a corner by doing that and in order to tie up a lot of the loose ends they're taking the easy way out with the characters, and that really bugs me to no end.

Then there's the issue with the Day 1 DLC that everybody is banging on about. I bought it about two days after launch and I've yet to see the mission come up, but from what I've been reading I'm not even at the midpoint in the game even though I've been playing for 32 hours now ...

It's keeping me entertained and I'm honestly having fun with it, but I think I'll be eyeing more purchases from Bioware a bit more closely before I jump on them.

Last edited:
I picked it up on release day and I've been having a lot of fun with it. However, I really think Bioware has started going down the tube and I think EA is to blame.

I can deal with texture pop-in. I mean, I'm playing this on an Xbox 360 so I'm used to that, but I've run into spots where the character I'm supposed to be talking to in a cutscene pops in, or doesn't show up at all! The voice is there, but nothing but blank wall otherwise.

Also,
When you're in the Geth systems I ran into two bugs that wound up with me having to restart my console. At one point I fell off of the platform and didn't die. I just kept falling and falling for about 5 minutes until the console hard-locked and I had to reboot. The second time in the same place, I got wedged between a tile that was supposed to be sliding in and the tile that was already there, and I couldn't move, so I once again had to reset the game.

Also, what the HELL is up with the journal system?! Every bloody time I open the thing it starts me in the middle, and I have to scroll through all the missions I've already completed to get to the missions I have to do! I'm going to find the person who let that slip through QA and hurt them with sharp things. It's abysmal.

The combat system is OK, but it feels looser than it did in ME2. I like some of the changes they made to the cover system, like double tapping the A button to leap over a chest-high wall, but over all the cover system is still more broken than it was in ME2. At least in ME2 when I wanted to stick to a wall I could do so without sticking to the wrong one, therefore leaving me to take fire from a Geth Prime platform ...

I also think Bioware did themselves a disservice by including so many characters in ME2 that you could play with. I honestly think that they wound up painting themselves in a corner by doing that and in order to tie up a lot of the loose ends they're taking the easy way out with the characters, and that really bugs me to no end.

Then there's the issue with the Day 1 DLC that everybody is banging on about. I bought it about two days after launch and I've yet to see the mission come up, but from what I've been reading I'm not even at the midpoint in the game even though I've been playing for 32 hours now ...

It's keeping me entertained and I'm honestly having fun with it, but I think I'll be eyeing more purchases from Bioware a bit more closely before I jump on them.

What you mean you haven't seen the DLC yet? Its on Edan Prime, it flows smoothly into the main storyline and really.... I can't see how its not a main part of the actual game.

Back