• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Custom loop for cpu and single gpu

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Hard to say for certain since it hasn't been release yet. The press release said it can be modified so you should be able to add some stuff.

I think it best to wait from some reviews to decide how much it be customized.

I gotta wait anyway, don't even have a 3770k atm...nor monies.
I'll look into buying it around March more or less, if it turns out to be a flop I'll postpone the loop till June or July.

Came up with a cheaper part list, but with a rad still tuned for fast fans:

-XSPC Raystorm
-Koolance PMP 450S
-Swiftech MCR220-XP
-Swiftech Micro Res with barbs included
-Duralene 1/2 id 3/4 od tubing (10ft)
-barbs (most come bundled)
-Metal reusable clamps

Total would be around 240usd shipped inside the US. Then I can get a friend ship the stuff to me cheaper than what Sidewinder computers offers...

I'll use two Nidec Beta-v 450 220cfm, 5300rpm fans, and I'll have to figure out how to control the pump.
Is that D5 Strong a better, more reliable choice than the mcp35x or not?

I gotta wait anyway, don't even have a 3770k atm...nor monies.
I'll look into buying it around March more or less, if it turns out to be a flop I'll postpone the loop till June or July.

The OP has plenty of time to learn and plan. No hurry. March is forever with the world and watercooling and forums. No need to build on this thread.

OP: CYA in late Feb when you post a final list after your research, including reading others threads. You one of a million we deal with, not anything new. Reading others posts like yours will set you right. Hang out, read for 30 min at least once a week and pay attention. Easy 'nuff.

Ohh, the 35x is way better higher flow and pressure, pressure is most important if you start adding mobo blocks etc. Is very very quiet with PWM control. I run low 20%-max 50% PWM on my sig loop.

The D5 strong is better than the basic D5 vario. Maybe not as good as the new D5 PWM from Swiftech. Still the 35x is small and powerful. The best option really.

Thanks that's all I needed to now man...Now I'm not sure which will be the best scaling rad for high speed fans (220cfm ones I own) I wouldn't want to waste money on a rad tuned for low speed fans.
Gonna look for some reviews, thanks again.

Back