• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Project Prodigy mATX

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Got a few things today.

Phobya 200mm rad.
HGST 500gb 7200rpm disk (I'm sick of the slow 5400rpm)
10x White leds to replace the blue leds.

IMG_0878 (Custom).JPG

Well it took longer due to price, but my laser cut piece should be on its way, but it make now be here for a week or two.

Until then! I need more fittings! Cant have enough apparently.

Once I have everything ready the big rebuild will happen! I cant wait, but i fear it wont happen until November, as i am off to Germany for the worlds biggest plastic fair (K-2013) for 3weeks time in mid October.

The laser cut piece should be here by monday, and this weekend i am tearing the rig down, as i may have sold the 140mm sitting in front.

I just ordered a whole bunch of fittings, and new clamps.

My laser cut piece is still not here, and the 140mm was not sold, so the system is still in one piece waiting to be taken apart.

My laser cut Fan shroud came today, i have put threads in it, and the primer is drying.

I am going to paint it black. No pictures, yet, i will take some when its been painted.

Update - With picture!!

I have finished painting my new fan shroud, and its yet another piece ready.

IMG_0913 (Custom).JPG

My new clamps came in yesterday too, but they dont matter yet, its the same i use on my 600T (and same as Aj uses on his monster mini bench) nothing new there.

I am waiting for the last new fittings to arrive from the UK. So this Friday could be the day I get to fool around with my Prodigy.

Stay tuned, its getting close to the next rebuild! :thup:

I suggest that you make a square piece with 4 holes on it and mount it in the middle of your 4 fans to prevent vibrations.

I suggest that you make a square piece with 4 holes on it and mount it in the middle of your 4 fans to prevent vibrations.

I agree, probably a small piece of rubber on the back of that as well.

Update time -

So, I did some work 2 weeks ago, I was very busy, so didnt have time to make any updates.

So I been away for about 2 weeks and now I am back home, with time to spare.

The rig was torn down, and I have mounted the 200mm rad.
IMG_1020 (Custom).JPG
IMG_1021 (Custom).JPG
IMG_1022 (Custom).JPG
IMG_1023 (Custom).JPG

Now, my swiftech mini res dont fit anymore, so i am getting a new one which is even smaller, should get here next week.

Update time.

I got my new res today. Yes i know the color is red, but it was theonly color i could get it in.

IMG_1038 (Custom).JPG

Got to playing around with mounting the pump and res.

This took many hours, things didnt line up how i had hoped it would. But i think it turn out okay in the end.

IMG_1039 (Custom).JPG
IMG_1040 (Custom).JPG
IMG_1041 (Custom).JPG
IMG_1042 (Custom).JPG
IMG_1043 (Custom).JPG
IMG_1044 (Custom).JPG
IMG_1045 (Custom).JPG

Moved on to the rest of the rig.

IMG_1047 (Custom).JPG
IMG_1048 (Custom).JPG

Unfortunatly I ran out of 90degree bends, so im not 100% happy with the setup, but its alright for now. Will change once i get second 670.

All done with the loop.

IMG_1049 (Custom).JPG

At the moment the rig is airing out, and then I need to start on wiring everything, and install the fan controller. :thup:

No pictures, but i installed my Corsair AX750 in the rig today, with the white sleeved cables.

Also installed my Kingson Vseries SSD, working just fine once more, seems like it really is a Z87 problem..

Back