• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FEATURED Photo of the Day

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I found my limit of "comfortable height" while taking this photo:

60D, EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS STM, 18mm focal, f/8.0, 1/100 sec, ISO-100
17346976406_510ef28aae_h.jpg
View from 12th Floor Parking Deck by ATMNSIDE, on Flickr

And here's the view down...

60D, EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS STM, 18mm focal, f/8.0, 1/100 sec, ISO-100
17370965352_08d6f3aabf_h.jpg
...And the view down by ATMNSIDE, on Flickr

Let's just say that steadying your camera on the top railing of a 12 story parking deck while the wind is blowing will have an effect on you no matter how strong of a stomach.
If I was in the middle of the deck or just parking I'd be fine, but looking over the edge like that got me.

My latest work entitled 'soppy truffle pigs'
IMG_20150508_160237.JPG
Warning. Staffie pile-ons can result in brawls to the death.

Edit: the grey/blue dog was rescued from pit fighting... She was as thin as a stick with horrendous deep wounds and extremely distrustful and down right savage. But now very placid and affectionate :)

Last edited:
This was taken over the weekend. I was showing a friend how to get out of auto mode on his camera. I always wanted to do this shot so I went for it. I laughed as his wife said it's out of focus, her husband and I at the same time said it's suppose to be like that.
Nikon D7100, Nikkor 40mm f/2.8g micro, @ /f2.8, ISO 200, 1/100 sec.

17479065416_6a8e327958_z.jpg DC2_4155 B&W by Donald Cordle II, on Flickr

Took some product shots tonight to post on Amazon (hey...why not, they might add me to their reviewer list :p). Dust suuuucks and it is extraordinarily difficult to get every last speck off. Thus, I cheated and turned the screen on to hide it. :cool: These were just for Amazon, so I stopped trying after that. Anyway, these were on a piece of wood (obviously), re-purposed from an old shelf. I had my two shop lights reflecting off two pieces of white foam board and was hand-holding the camera and the flash off to camera-left'ish.

Shot to show a screen protector installed:

g3-scr-case-rev-00.jpg

Case + screen protector:

g3-scr-case-rev-03.jpg

Back of the phone/case:

g3-scr-case-rev-04.jpg

Last one, a little closer to show the tapering around the camera/buttons:

g3-scr-case-rev-05.jpg

My folks were good friends with the owner. Supposedly, it was his first new car. Anytime he bought a new vehicle, he just parked the old one... there are quite a few amazing photography subjects in that yard.

BTW, the Pontiac is an Australian & Canadain model. It is a Catalina in the lower 48. My first car was a 70 Catalina - this one is a 64-66 model, a much better looking car.

Had to share my mum's T2i/550D at the local tulip festival since my 60D's with my girlfriend in another province.

550D, EF 50mm f/1.8 II, f/4, 1/500 sec, ISO-100
IMG_9476.jpg

A very small section of the 1 million+ tulips in Ottawa :)

We had a super long power failure last night, so I went out and played with the flashlights and laser pointer a while.

This is right on the edge of the D5100's low light limits. ISO 3200, 28mm at f2.8, 20 seconds. Had to really dial in the noise reduction, and I'm still not happy with it. I really want to upgrade to full frame for this low light stuff. Meantime, next time I go out there I'll try again with the 50mm miracle lens at f1.8. That should help, if I can get far enough away from the truck to get the same shot.

DSC_1949.jpg

Back