• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FEATURED Photo of the Day

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Christ Church, St. Simons Island. Originally built in 1820, it was severely damaged by union troops in the Civil War, and rebuilt in 1884. The parish was founded in 1808, and is the second oldest in Georgia. Surrounded by giant oak trees covered in spanish moss, it's a gorgeous place to visit if you ever find yourself in the area.

60D, EF 16-35L @ 35mm, f/11, ISO 200, 1/25sec
IMG_3588.jpg

Friend on mine took this over the weekend

Our area is getting over run with these. The picture does not do the size of these birds any justice

typically around a 6' to 8' wing span, it is a sight to see watching these things hunt

Eagle 1-11-15 IMG_5075.jpg

I used to see bald eagles up on the river while kayaking.
VERY impressive birds. It's borderline scary watching one take flight.

Are y'all tired of my sunset shots yet?

Absolutely not!

Great photos coming in from everybody. One day weather and time will be in cooperation that I can get outside. Or maybe it will snow for some photo fun, that would be ok too. Until then, I'll just have to enjoy your excellent shots. :)

I used to see bald eagles up on the river while kayaking.
VERY impressive birds. It's borderline scary watching one take flight.

It is scary, They can easily take kids under 5 or 6

best is watching them fish, they barley even make a splash

Are y'all tired of my sunset shots yet?

Absolutely not!

D&B, I only hope I can get there one day! Awesome shot. :)

Thanks man. I suppose I might feel differently about spanish moss if I lived in an area where it grew, but I have always thought it was just plain cool. Well worth the drive if you ever get a chance.

Twins
60D, Sigma 105mm macro, ISO 400, f/5, 1/250sec
IMG_3843.jpg

Say hello to Comet Lovejoy. Borrowed a 100mm f2.8 lens from a buddy for this one. ISO 6400 to keep the stars from moving in the shot.

DSC_6848.jpg

Guess we will have to wait 8000 years for your next picture of it OW, think you'll still be pulling Psu's apart? :D Nice shot!

I was tired of shooting sunrises around town, so I went out to my favorite abandoned house this morning.

DSC_7044.jpg

Back