• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Win XP and 7 upgrade - path to benching

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

DaddyTinman

Registered
I have a Win XP disk and a Win 7 upgrade disk. Neither have been used.

I want to use these two disks without internet connections to bench my i5 and i7 CPUs.

I will burn to a SSD and use this on my GA-Z68XP-UD4 with a i5 2500K. After I bench on this and save my screenshots, etc, to a USB stick, I will reaccomplish the burn and upgrade to the SSD again for the GA-Z97X Gamming 7 with a i7 4770K.

Will I be able to stay off the 'Net to bench? I will get my drivers from my other INternet-connected (and protected) PC.

I have a Win XP disk and a Win 7 upgrade disk. Neither have been used.

I want to use these two disks without internet connections to bench my i5 and i7 CPUs.

I will burn to a SSD and use this on my GA-Z68XP-UD4 with a i5 2500K. After I bench on this and save my screenshots, etc, to a USB stick, I will reaccomplish the burn and upgrade to the SSD again for the GA-Z97X Gamming 7 with a i7 4770K.

Will I be able to stay off the 'Net to bench? I will get my drivers from my other INternet-connected (and protected) PC.
Yes though some benches require a key to be able to view the result on desktop i.e. 3DMark06.

+1 opty, most 3dmark bences need and interweb connetion for scoreing.
I use a cutdown win7 and cutdown xp for benching and i have them on there own ssd's.

Back