• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

My i5 4670k doesn't fit the standard OC profile

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Those flat cables can be a bugger sometimes to weed through the case. It seems, no matter how big the case is you always run out of room. Sleeving the cables is a nice touch but the Psu cables can be a bit of a pain, when taking off the connectors. I recently did my Psu and it is time consuming but worth it when you have the finished product. My biggest issue was sleeving all the fan wires in my case considering I have 15 fans.

Ha just flipped it and the writing is still the right way up
Don't think the marketing department didn't do that on purpose.

Don't think the marketing department didn't do that on purpose.

Yeah I was having a laugh at myself given my reason for having the PSU the way it was, was because the writing was the "right" way up :screwy::D

Those flat cables can be a bugger sometimes to weed through the case. It seems, no matter how big the case is you always run out of room. Sleeving the cables is a nice touch but the Psu cables can be a bit of a pain, when taking off the connectors. I recently did my Psu and it is time consuming but worth it when you have the finished product. My biggest issue was sleeving all the fan wires in my case considering I have 15 fans.

I didn't follow through with the sleeving in the end, hadn't really thought it through, have a tendency to jump into things.

Rushed out, got what I thought might be enough sleeving, came back and looked at the PSU cable.... s..t. Given I wanted to shorten; cutting, soldering, sleeving will take a while and I need my pc!

Just separating the wires, helps a lot. Adjusting the sata power cables was easy.

Removed the SSD cage and mounted the SSD to the HDD cage. All in all it doesn't look much cleaner but there is definitely a lot less pressure on my gear.

CameraZOOM-20140607193540332_zps646b5abc.jpg

Will have to do the sleeving when I've got the time to do it properly.

Will have a sift through the forum and check out your rig when I get the chance, sounds pretty epic :thup:

Back