• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Rayrays build

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I don't recall ever hearing a rig BSOD when the Cpu NB Voltage ie NB core voltage was raised, where are you running the overclock at now? Is it still as in post 58 or are you at 4.72? I'm curious when the Nb Frequency is at now.

I do not ever recall hearing, raising the Cpu Nb voltage causing blue screens. Where is the rig at now still the 4.72 ghz or is it still the same as post #58? Post some more screenies of Cpu-Z Cpu, Spd and Memory, pls.

What frequency is the NB set at when you're upping the NB Core?

It's back at 4.5 right now nb freq is 2400 and some change. I'll post more pics up here shortly.

The Ram sticks are in slots 1 and 2 correct? They should be in the slots 2nd from the cpu and 4th according to the manual, it looks like they are but just checking. I would also change the tRAS to 24 and tRC to 33 it probably isn't causing an issue but just to rule out everything.

Mandrake4565 said >> They should be in the slots 2nd from the cpu and 4th according to the manual,
RGone...
Yeah the board is bassackwards, the slots starting from the closest to the CPU 4. 2. 3. 1. Who thought this was a good idea?

It actually worked out pretty good seeing as with the evo 212 my ram would be too tall if the 1st slot was closest to the cpu

Haven't really messed with anything else the past couple days. Just been playing games and seeing how well it does with average stuff I do and can't complain. Already looking at upgrading Mobo and cpu here soon. But a new case will definitely be first. Hate this case I have.

Already looking at upgrading Mobo and cpu here soon.
To?

But a new case will definitely be first. Hate this case I have.
What don't you like, I'm curious. I have a Rosewill Blackhawk Mid tower and it's a really nice case for the money.

Mobo I have been looking at the gigabyte 990 fx ud5, cpu looking towards the 8350.

And don't like the case because don't have many fan slots. Have one on the front and one in the back and the Cpu cooler blocks the side fan slots and whenever I unplug a usb from the front the whole front cover comes with it. It is a nice case for what I spent but just a few things that bug me about it.

I'm curious as to why you are thinking of going with the 8350 ? I understand if you want a new case but that 6350 would do you very well unless you're running some heavily threaded software that could use 8 cores. You'd be further ahead spending that cash on better cooling so you can speed up the 6 core. My opinion any way for what it's worth.
@ Manny , you really have to watch mobos there is no " standard" my Crosshair 3 has the ram in tight pairs for dual channel , slot 1+2 is one channel and 3+4 is the other.

I'm just wanting more stuff to upgrade on it I guess. Just wanting to future proof. Plus when I think of a budget build I think of cheap parts. That may just be me I guess.

You have a decent motherboard and CPU already, if it were me I'd take the $400 and get started with water cooling, but that's me.

Back