• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Super Monster Build

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
This built no doublt is nice and cool when people see it, but the amount of $$$ being spent on this is not even worth it. I am running a single loop 120x10 CPU and 2X R9 290X OCed 1200/1500. My temp GPU temp never get pass 51c and CPU 55c in P95. Yeah my VRM 1 and 2 in 41c at load. My temp loop is plain and simple and is effective and let my wallet much happier in the end.

i know i know :(

btw how long did you run that 3930k at 1.52V ?

btw very impressive 55c in P95 at 1.52V (edit: or that is with your current 4930x 1.328v)?

i know i know :(

btw how long did you run that 3930k at 1.52V ?

btw very impressive 55c in P95 at 1.52V (edit: or that is with your current 4930x 1.328v)?

I ran the 3930K @1.52 in offset voltage for a hair over 6 months period. If you want to run high OC and high voltage, you really need to run offset voltage, and turbo mode, so that the chip can live much much longer. Running @1.52v in constant manual voltage will kill the chip a lot sooner for sure.

The temp I list above are for the 4930K in manual voltage and full time 4.5ghz. I got 76c for the 3930K @1.52v and only 360mm to cool the cpu only but I am whipping it with the mighty Delta fan, 5500rpm, @252cfm.

Last edited:
I have a suggestion for you about your r9 290x card. Your vrm 1 and 2 are running hot. If you really want to bring the vrm temp down, get rid of the stock thermal pad and use Fujipoly extreme pad. It is about $20 well worth it. I am using it and I like it. My vrm idle temp is at 31c and load temo is only at 41-43c.

I have a suggestion for you about your r9 290x card. Your vrm 1 and 2 are running hot. If you really want to bring the vrm temp down, get rid of the stock thermal pad and use Fujipoly extreme pad. It is about $20 well worth it. I am using it and I like it. My vrm idle temp is at 31c and load temo is only at 41-43c.

how much offset you had?

Means little considering each CPU's starting voltage is different...(in fact having trouble figuring out why those values are important to him in the first place...).

So i wanted to try another CPU block just to see if there was a any performance difference. And i ordered a ek monoblock from http://www.performance-pcs.com/ while trying to do the installation i wasnt able to get one of the mosfets screws in, so i took everything apart and found out one of the bolts was missing from the block, i looked around the box it came in, and found a broken bolt so bad QC EK... then i was like could off happen to anyone, just email http://www.performance-pcs.com/ back asking what would be the process to exchange my broken part... and they just replied back saying, i dont believe the part was shipped like that, implying that i broke it.. You have to be kidding me how are this people still in business? (i guess idiots like me still buy from them) this is the second time i had issues with them, 1st one was that i bought something fedex lost it, and they didnt care... Great customer service performance-pc

btw attached are the pics of the broken part..

Just putting the piece where it should go:

So great... ima contact EK and see if there anything they can do...

I swore of PPC a while back, your right it's always you broke it or some other excuse but never their end... From experience with EK they'll probably replace it but it takes forever to get here from I think the UK. They foe got to put the right thermal pad in one of by back plate kits for the GPU. I took like 2 1/2 weeks to get a two dollar pad. Looking good though.

ya ill contact them later, been busy :p

so while having issues with parts and what not i decided to kinda put everything together, and get a workable/movable system, until i get missing parts

hMZ2vju.jpg
okdxmLg.jpg
4oz1TN8.jpg
V9m2ZXy.jpg

Sorry iphone pics, and sorry for half way there job but meh, but saturday afternoon project :)

So i got a reply from EK:

Hello,

The standoff was broken due to too much force was used.
The product itself was not sent to the customer in that condition.

RMA is not approved and in that case nickel base needs to be changed or a new hole needs to be drilled where the broken standoff is.

If you need any further information, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Lep pozdrav, Kind regards, MFG!

Really???? wow

ya... and this thing has 3 of those stand offs, and one of them looked smaller, the damm thing is not even m3 threaded as it should be.. so i guess i also changed the thread on it...

Yep, that sounds like EK.
That's why I like Swiftech.

Also, that's a LOT of extra tubing... Just laying around...
Why not clean that up some? Neat tubing goes a long way for looks.

Yep, that sounds like EK.
That's why I like Swiftech.

Also, that's a LOT of extra tubing... Just laying around...
Why not clean that up some? Neat tubing goes a long way for looks.

ohh no thats temporarily, im missing few parts 2 video cards, multi card block, fittings, cable management, etc etc that tubing will go under eventually didnt want to cut it so i wont be short when i do it for real, also waiting to get the sleved cables, looks like sh*t now... still have alot of work, but wanted to test things here and there

I have a much smaller loop than yours, OBVIOUSLY lol, and bought another retail pack since I kept cutting tubing to make the right fits. You'll need me thinks 2 retail packs at least. Don't get silly and go cheap on tubing after spending this much on such a mammoth rig.

Sorry to hear about PPCs and EK. I just got another order from PPCs with no issues. Really unfortunate that no one came on top to assist you with the warranty. Even makes it worse knowing the threads weren't even right.

So here is a bit of an update: S8Cl4Vr.png

Later this week i will clean the wires behind the mobo, so you wont see them... Also i will move the tubing around so you wont be able to see it... Also the bracket/plastic holding the water bridge between the cards will be replaced once i get a custom one i send to be cutout

Sorry been gone for a while, got married, new house, honeymoon, bs, etc,etc,etc

Back