• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Super Monster Build

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Yep, literally so much TIM it couldn't make proper contact... wow

That isn't that hot for a VRM.

i will let heave run for about 1h, and see if it will go hotter than 50

and see if my water temp goes up a bit, right now after 5 min of heaven is only 1C higher than room temp

After 15 min of heaven

GPU max temp: 50C
CPU max temp: 37C
Room Temp: 24C
Water Temp: 25C
Flow ~318 L/h ~1.4GPM

Both GPU/CPU stock clocks

Wow, that was a lot of TIM. Be careful as I've seen someone blow their GPU up because they had too much TIM and it conducted outside of the GPU Die.

VRMs and Mosfets or one or the other if I recall correctly can handle temps access of 100c+ to 150c I've heard.

Your temps are fine and glad you got that fixed. That's the only dreadful thing is taking apart a beast of a setup.

so added few pads to vrm, so new results with new changes

So after a full heave benchmark results:

GPU MAX temp: 44C
VRM MAX temp 1 = 69 C
VRM MAX temp 2 = 62C

GPU Idle temp: 31C
VRM idle Temp 1: 32C
VRM idle temp 2: 62C

Room temp: 25c
Water temp: 25c

So after 4 hours of running heaven

GPU MAX temp: 42C
VRM MAX temp 1 = 78 C
VRM MAX temp 2 = 62C
CPU MAX temp = 42C on hottest core

Room temp: 23c
Water temp: 24c

So after 4 hours of running heaven

GPU MAX temp: 42C
VRM MAX temp 1 = 78 C
VRM MAX temp 2 = 62C
CPU MAX temp = 42C on hottest core

Room temp: 23c
Water temp: 24c

Coolant Temperature Minus Ambient Air temperature

System qualification

Less than 5°C Extreme system
Comprised between 5°C and 10°C Extreme to High-end system
Comprised between 10°C and 20°C High-end to Mid-range system
Comprised between 20°C and 30°C Mid-range to Entry-level system

So by Swiftech standards, you got a EXTREME system :p if no one told you yet. I bet it won't change much if you even threw in a few more GPUs.

I already mentioned this in post 248, no one really cared, but even with that mention, its still too much, way to much.

Don't be mistaken, will all have learned from flaws as well my friend. We all do when it comes down to watercooling and we learn from each other.

I already mentioned this in post 248, no one really cared, but even with that mention, its still too much, way to much.

i know u did, and always had you in the back of my mind... when **** was too hot, i was like "Pierre told me, but was to lazy to fix it then"

Last edited:
Push LLC? What does that have to do with anything as that is for Vdroop. the difference between 1.3 and 1.27v aren't going to make your power bits suddenly need cooling. ;)

I use LN2 and push more voltage than you ever will with the stock heatsinks on boards. It is not remotely needed, those blocks, like ram blocks, tend to be restrictive and look way better than their actual need.

the difference between 1.3 and 1.27v aren't going to make your power bits suddenly need cooling. ;)

:p hehe

i actually stared playing with oc yesterday, waiting for vga waterblocks to finish the build :( ill post my settings in a few seconds

i can get to 4.9Ghz with these settings but cpu under load goes to 70 running prime 95, hidle is around 50, trying to lower it

i may change few things around and see how stable i can get it while lowering the temps a bit...

BCLK Freq 100 -> 125
Ratio 48 -> 40
VCORE Volt 1.475 -> 1.450
VTT CPU Volt 1.2 -> 1.15
DRAM Volt 1.5 -> 1.6
CPU PLL 1.81 -> 1.9
PCH 1.1v Volt Auto -> 1.1
CPU Power Duty T.Probe -> Extreme

From Digi+ Power menu

DRAM-AB/CD Current Cap 100% -> 120%
DRAM-AB/CD Power Phase Control Optimized -> Extreme

Last edited by a moderator:
So, let met get this right, you're worried about 70°C when 90°C is safe?

My personal wish is to have him figure out how to EDIT posts instead of double and triple posting through the thread and cleaning up behind him...

But yeah, 70C load? I wouldn't waste my time.

So, let met get this right, you're worried about 70°C when 90°C is safe?

im actually more worried about how to get my 4th card on the system... I cant seem to fit one on the 1st pci-e.... but yes im trying to lower the temps just a bit... but still be able to run at 4.9/5.0

My personal wish is to have him figure out how to EDIT posts instead of double and triple posting through the thread and cleaning up behind him...

But yeah, 70C load? I wouldn't waste my time.

see i did it :p

But yeah said:
This built no doublt is nice and cool when people see it, but the amount of $$$ being spent on this is not even worth it. I am running a single loop 120x10 CPU and 2X R9 290X OCed 1200/1500. My temp GPU temp never get pass 51c and CPU 55c in P95. Yeah my VRM 1 and 2 in 41c at load. My temp loop is plain and simple and is effective and let my wallet much happier in the end.

Back