• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Cheap eBay pumps

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

mudajama

Why buy any of those, when you can have a piece of mind for $70,http://www.swiftech.com/MCP50X.aspx. Those pumps probably aren't worth trying rma in case of a failure. You can also check the classies, to see if anyone is selling a pump, too. It's not worth the possibility of destroying a rig to save a few $.

Skimping out on pump quality is second only to skimping on power supply quality.
You just don't do it, you end up with dead parts.

Skimping out on pump quality is second only to skimping on power supply quality.
You just don't do it, you end up with dead parts.

This and a not up to par cooling system. Water cooling flow efficiency is anywhere from 1.0-1.5 GPM.

Last time I bought a $20 PSU from ebay from china, I luckily caught the pop noise and white smoke from the back just in time. Thank goodness I was home to shut down the system. Who knows what would have happened next.

Last edited:
Dont do it. Get at least an mcp350. I had one that pushed a CPU block, mobo block, 5x 90 degree fittings, mcw 82 x 2, black ice gtx 480 and 360 on 1/2 x 3/4 tubing for about 1 year. You simple can't get more restrictive than that. When I added and a MCP 355, my temps stayed the same. I still have that MCP 350 running like a champ and its 2.5 years old now

Back